Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Water Pump Pressure Switch

Question

Posted

Hi. We seem to be having problems with the pressure switch on our Lunar Lexon. George has tried everything to fine adjust it but to no avail...still chatters etc. We thought at first it was a problem with the pump..but no..just this pressure switch.

Has anyone a ny ideas at all. We have read in Practical Caravan Mag about a Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch that self adjusts to pump pressure etc. and stops that annoying chattering etc.

Can anyone give any advice.....and should be purchase one...Can't find anyone that had had one at all...and there isn't a website just a phone no. etc.

Failing that any advice anyone....before it drives us mad...!!!

Chris x Thanks !

8 answers to this question

Posted

Hi Chris, I don't why but Lunars seem to suffer this problem more than most, mine had the problem when i owned one, unless there is a problem with the pressure switch, fitting a whale surge damper usually solves the problem, cost about £20 easy to fit, instruction in the packaging.

Posted

Hi. We seem to be having problems with the pressure switch on our Lunar Lexon. George has tried everything to fine adjust it but to no avail...still chatters etc. We thought at first it was a problem with the pump..but no..just this pressure switch.

Has anyone a ny ideas at all. We have read in Practical Caravan Mag about a Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch that self adjusts to pump pressure etc. and stops that annoying chattering etc.

Can anyone give any advice.....and should be purchase one...Can't find anyone that had had one at all...and there isn't a website just a phone no. etc.

Failing that any advice anyone....before it drives us mad...!!!

Chris x Thanks !

Posted

Practical Caravan might mean the replacement water pressure switch from Mid Service Centre tel 0121 354 5552.

I had been troubled for a while with inconsistent performance from my conventional pressure switch and replaced it last year with the Mid Service Centre product. It worked for me; no more fiddling in the locker every couple of days, simplified pipework and more room in the locker; it's a fit and forget item and I'm delighted with mine :thumbsup: . It is sensitive to frost though so don't let it freeze.

Posted

Hi than ks all for the comments!

Hawkeye...sent you a p.m. Thanks....

Chris..

Posted

Practical Caravan might mean the replacement water pressure switch from Mid Service Centre tel 0121 354 5552.

I had been troubled for a while with inconsistent performance from my conventional pressure switch and replaced it last year with the Mid Service Centre product. It worked for me; no more fiddling in the locker every couple of days, simplified pipework and more room in the locker; it's a fit and forget item and I'm delighted with mine :thumbsup: . It is sensitive to frost though so don't let it freeze.

Posted

Richard Hi...Thanks for replying and telling me that you have one and that all is o.k. with it...I am going to get one..just waiting in case it won't find us re the postal strike.!!! :no: but my George just can't get the Lexon pressure switch to adjust right at all...and he is so fed up of twiddling all the time :laugh: anything to sort his life out lol.... :laugh:

Chris x Thanks again :thumbsup:

Posted

Richard Hi...Thanks for replying and telling me that you have one and that all is o.k. with it...I am going to get one..just waiting in case it won't find us re the postal strike.!!! :no: but my George just can't get the Lexon pressure switch to adjust right at all...and he is so fed up of twiddling all the time :laugh: anything to sort his life out lol.... :laugh:

Chris x Thanks again :thumbsup:

Posted

Thats what happens Chris when delta Lady gets a Lexon and Lexon Man gets a Delta :wine:

• 2016 nights away
      By carper · Posted
      Hi Sonja Can you put us down for 7 nights at Black Knowl CC site total now 124. Unfortunately when we return next year the main focal point the toilet block will have been knocked down and replaced with a new one.     Thanks    Les
    • Storage
      By 2kias · Posted
      We moved house 9 years ago and until last year we stored our van on the drive without any problems. We live on a main road. Before we did we asked the neighbours if they minded which we felt was important. We had to sell the van last year and now have a large space in the front garden which makes us very sad. We are debating getting another van and storing it on a site where we can get the owners to pitch it for us. Due to eyesight problems I am no longer able to drive and other half doesn't feel confident enough to tackle it. Won't help fill the gap on the front though. If you have the room and it is easy to get it in and out then store at home is the option I would go for  
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tour Britain & Ireland Map

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts