Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lake Garda

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

We are planning on visiting Lake Garda next May.

We've seen some lovely sites but keeping hearing tales of pitches being tight.

We will be using Camping Cheques and/or ASCI.

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a lakeside site that has larger (or relatively normal elsewhere) 100 sg Mtr ish pitches.

Thanks in anticipation.

G.

Posted

Try David Klyne's site - he has some recommendations in the Lake Garda area.

Posted

Friends of ours have been to La Quercia but not sure if they are part of the scheme you mention. BIG site but was highly recommended/

Posted

We stayed her in 2004 pitches were big enough for our 8m van (shipping length). Ask for a pitch in the shade. It's a great site for access to everywhere at the southern end of the lake.

http://www.camping.it/english/lombardia/sanfrancesco/

Posted

We took our 8.05m bessacarr to camping fornella, san felice del banaco

:thumbsup:

Posted

We stayed her in 2004 pitches were big enough for our 8m van (shipping length). Ask for a pitch in the shade. It's a great site for access to everywhere at the southern end of the lake.

http://www.camping.it/english/lombardia/sanfrancesco/

Posted

We have been to Lake Garda quite a few times, Camping Municipale, LAZISE. Has large pitches we have a Senater Arizona which is over 8 metres shipping and have plenty of room plus the car Ford Mondio Estate, about 2mins from the lake, 3mins from Lazise, a pretty walled town, thats walking.It is not all singing and dancing but has no need to be as every thing is so near. This year the site fees per night were 32euro dont know if they do camping cheques.Here is the telphone number. 0457580020 plus Italy's code. :thumbsup:

Posted

We have been to Lake Garda quite a few times, Camping Municipale, LAZISE. Has large pitches we have a Senater Arizona which is over 8 metres shipping and have plenty of room plus the car Ford Mondio Estate, about 2mins from the lake, 3mins from Lazise, a pretty walled town, thats walking.It is not all singing and dancing but has no need to be as every thing is so near. This year the site fees per night were 32euro dont know if they do camping cheques.Here is the telphone number. 0457580020 plus Italy's code. :thumbsup:

Posted

Sorry,That's me aways wanting something bigger.

Posted

Sorry,That's me aways wanting something bigger.

Posted

We went to Camping Sirmione in 2003, if I recall the pitch sizes were ok, although our particular pitch wasn't but we chose it for the view and we were late arriving (nothing new there then)

http://www.info-gardasee.de/camping-sirmione/

/index.php?showtopic=616" target="_blank">http://www.touringandtenting.com/forums/in...p?showtopic=616

Posted

Has the Brussels done it again? :secret::no:

Is it owing to the Economic down turn? :secret::no:

I just wondered if Italy has had a sell off and that is why the Lake Garda thread is posted under Germany :laugh:

Posted

I can't answer your question, only to say that you will have a great time in that region. My wife and I were married in Riva Del Garda (at the top end of the lake) in 1997. We stayed in a hotel in Limone and spent the honeymoon night in Venice. (We are not Italian in any way - just thought it nice to do). The mayor of the town who married us, was so pleased to have the first British couple to be married there, he presented us with a water colour painting of the harbour, with the civic office in which we were were married, in the background. When you get to the harbour, look at the pastel yellow building on the waterfron/town square. The entire ceremony was done in Italian and as we had got married in secret, (no guests) the tour reps acted as translaters/witnesses. Simply fantastic.!

We were married on August 30th 1997 - you may remember that that was the night Princess Diana died...... and we returned home on the day of the funeral. The next time we went to Italy (Florence), the Twin Towers disaster happened. For the sake of world peace, we havn't been back since! :no:

A complete day will be needed if you wish to drive completely around the lake. Recommend the water-taxi ferries to flt between beautiful lake-side towns such as Garda, Riva and Gardone.

The road from Limone to Riva is the road where the Aston Martin in the recent James Bond movie was filmed. (and where one of the delivery drive cars met its watery end.) It is a indeed a tricky road on this stretch.

You will have a great holiday :thumbsup:

Posted

Whole heartedly agree with everything Chris has said about the area in the previous post, it is a beautiful area. We haven't caravanned in the area but like Chris have hoteled there - also by chance in Riva del Garda, usually staying at the Hotel Sole right on the harbour side. We used to take the high speed ferry down the lake to Simione (about 45 mins in memory serves me) spend the day down there and then take the slow ferry (which zig-zags up the lake stopping at lots of little villages) back which took about 3 hours - most of which was spent between the bar and the deck!! Bliss!!

Alan

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Catches this week
      By carper · Posted
      I’m off again on Thursday and hopefully getting more. That fish was my first from this water for a long time. I left the club about 15 years ago. There have been a lot of changes since then especially in the fish size apparently there are at least 20x20s and 4x30s. So I am hoping for something a lot bigger
    • Catches this week
      By shipbroker · Posted
      Had five nights Greenhill Leisure managed a couple of days scrap bashing small roach....next man had six carp on pellet nice to see. They have three small lakes and one new large one...carp to 20lb plus we believe,free fishing if staying on site. Geoff
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anna85

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts