Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sites Nr Courramayer/mont Blanc

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Hairdresser

I see from a post in July you had tried a municipal site and don't like all singing and dancing sites. Neither to we, peaceful and quite is our type. Have you tried around Courramyer - the Italian side of Mont Blanc. We actually stayed in a hotel, instead of camping, but would like to visist again next year so any recommendations for sites would be appreciated.

Thanks

Franco

Posted

Hi Franco, we had a three night stay at a campsite just out side Aosta,we looked for a camp with a pool as we had just left Lake Viverone and it was very hot, the camp we found with a pool was a large one not the pool the camp , we did not like it very much also the pool was tatty and very cold, not often we make mistakes, but the country was so beautiful so was the town of Aosta so we stayed, sorry I cant really help you,but would go back again to that area not the camp, Camping-Parco, Internatioal Touring. :undecided:

Posted

Hairdresser thanks. I wil look through my books and on the web for some sites as we want to visit, if only for a short stay. I'll let you know if I find anything over the next few months!! Likewise let me know if you spot anything half decent!!

Regards Franco

Posted

Franco, just read in the France bit that you did the French Riviera to the Italian Riviera,we often go down that way and stay in Imperia not right in the big town but come off the motorway at the first junction Imperia west, very near the turn off there is a camp called Camp Eucalyptus, in the grounds of an old Villa, loo's and showers could do with being up dated but clean, very small outside bar in grounds, beach is reached by going through an underground tunnel 3 min's walk, lovely restaurants, and on a Saturday fantastic live blues and jazz band. very friendly we love it.

Posted

FAO Hairdresser

Just picked this up as returned from half term in France. Will definitely look at this area and if I find anything out will post you again!! By the time we got up to Couramayer we called at Tourist Board but only thought of this once we had gone through Imperia!!

Franco

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard