Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Access To Camping Fornella

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi folks,

Looking for sites for 2010 and reading all the details of Camping Fornella at Lake Garda, the location page states "The entrance to the site is through a rather narrow road on the right at the bottom of a hill."

Can anyone tell me if it poses a problem for a 26' Elddis being towed by an X5? They have super pitches for American RV's so I assume its do-able. Hope someone out there can reassure me

regards :jump:

Posted

Hi folks,

Looking for sites for 2010 and reading all the details of Camping Fornella at Lake Garda, the location page states "The entrance to the site is through a rather narrow road on the right at the bottom of a hill."

Can anyone tell me if it poses a problem for a 26' Elddis being towed by an X5? They have super pitches for American RV's so I assume its do-able. Hope someone out there can reassure me

regards :jump:

Posted

I got through in 2007 with my Disco 3 and a Bessacarr 635GL.....so give or take a few inches a similar size to your outfit :yes:

Posted

It wasn't bad to be fair...the road access is narrow yes but nothing spectacular.....you will breeze an x5 and a TA van on it tbh....

The site is lovely, great pool, access to lake and very quiet after 10pm....

We enjoyed it - though found it quite expensive compared to sites of that nature in southern france.

Posted

It wasn't bad to be fair...the road access is narrow yes but nothing spectacular.....you will breeze an x5 and a TA van on it tbh....

The site is lovely, great pool, access to lake and very quiet after 10pm....

We enjoyed it - though found it quite expensive compared to sites of that nature in southern france.

Posted

The Municipal camp site at Lazie on Lake Garda is very good,a minute from the beach, it is just a site nothing to do, good facilities but Lazie is only 2 minutes walk away last year it cost us 28euro per night.

But you cannot book so if you have children it's a bit dodgy. We dont like all singing and dancing camps so it fine for us.

Posted

France is a big place....have a look at germany too....

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard