Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lake Garda In April

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys, has anyone ever travelled to Lake Garda in April? We are looking to go for 10 nights at Easter.

Any advice on the weather or the Bella Italia site would be great thanks.

Posted

Have only been to Lake Garda in early May; the weather was good, but because of the nature of the terrain you can get showers in the mid-afternoon. We didn't tow down there, but stayed in a hotel at the northern end of the Lake in Riva del Garda. The other resort at the northern end - Torbole - is very German! Good area to stay is Malcesine, about half way down the eastern side of the Lake - seem to remember there were a couple of quite nice looking campsites there fairly close to the lakeside. The western side of the lake is quite mountainous until you get nearer to the southern end; the best campsites are definitely on the eastern side.

Only thing I would say is it is a long way for a 10 day break - it is nearly 750miles from Calais to the site you have in mind, so it is at least a 2 day trek each way from Calais. Have to admit if I was doing it I would want to spend at least 5 days wandering down so that I didn't arrive exhausted (but then we are pensioners and can spend as long as we like going down). Anyway, enjoy your holiday in Italy - the Lake Garda area is lovely.

Alan

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard