Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swiss Speed Detecting

8 posts in this topic

Posted

My satnav does not have speed camera detectors but DOES have speed warning dialogue,preset to a determined speed by the user,for the locations/terrain being covered.

Would this be an illegal device there? If so,by-passing Switzerland would be a better option.Yes? :unsure::drive:

Posted

My satnav does not have speed camera detectors but DOES have speed warning dialogue,preset to a determined speed by the user,for the locations/terrain being covered.

Would this be an illegal device there? If so,by-passing Switzerland would be a better option.Yes? :unsure::drive:

Posted

Some countries don't like GPS systems with warnings of fixed camera locations - and Switzerland may well have joined that camp -

Posted

Posted

Dave-to clarify,my GPS can be set to any speed limit required by the user (me!) and once you go over the set limit about three mph the lady kindly tells me-but forcefully!- I have eceeded the speed limit I have set.

It certainly has no camera/radar detection installed.So maybe its ok to use?

Barry. :drive:

Posted

Dave-to clarify,my GPS can be set to any speed limit required by the user (me!) and once you go over the set limit about three mph the lady kindly tells me-but forcefully!- I have eceeded the speed limit I have set.

It certainly has no camera/radar detection installed.So maybe its ok to use?

Barry. :drive:

Posted

Not quite that archaic. :no: If you wish you can set it to thirty miles per hour and get warned you are speeding on an autoroute,or set it at the national maximum limit and again,ignore it at your peril.Simple really. :yes:

So I will use it as in France last summer with no problems but by-pass car hating Switzerland and drive to Mont Cenis and enter Italy that way.Having plenty of time I 'aint that worried tell you the truth.

Posted

You will only have a problem with model like Navmans S90i that come automatically with a database of all fixed camera locations.

Or if you have downloaded these to any other system yourself as a point of interest.

However I do not see how they could tell from the outside which model you have or what it is loaded with.

My own car is fitted with detectors, jammers and bouncers and all they ever ask when I am paying my vignette is are they turned off.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard