Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

awning heaters (which)

Question

Posted

I think someone asked about this before, but any advice on a heater for the awning would be welcome.

Geordie.

13 answers to this question

Posted

geordie

ive got an halogen heater if you shop round there about ?15 to ?20

there quiet good at warming an awning i think a lot of folk have them

Posted

Poundstretchers are selling the Halogen ones for ?20 just now.

I don't have an awning but I've got a blown air heating outlet for one :laugh:

Posted

Poundstretchers are selling the Halogen ones for ?20 just now.

I don't have an awning but I've got a blown air heating outlet for one  :laugh:

Posted

Thanks JS & Dot, I have seen these heaters but didnt know if they were suitable. I suppose we'll try one and at that price seems a good deal.

Geordie.

Posted

From next week, TRADEX are doing them for ?14.98 each or ?20.00 for 2 automatic oscillating, auto safety cut out...

3 heat settings 400, 800, 1200 watts

Posted

Yes we have a halogen heater for our awning as well.

It is in our conservatory at the moment and doing a stirling job..Don't like Jo being out at night so all her mates come round here and they use it for their music plus the play station and dance mat. So we put that on to keep the little darlings warm!!!

Posted

we have a halogen and a blow heater, left the halogen heater on all week when we was away new year and it was nice and cosy, its a bit bright at night but even the glow looks warming :thumbsup:

Posted

Geordie.

I can vouch for the Halogen type heaters, after all they managed to keep us all "toastie" warm when we watched the Grand Prix "Al Fresco" at Rudding Park.

PS. I bet that's Tony From Suffolk's hand complete wine Vin Rouge!!

Posted

Cheers Dave, I think these heaters have the thumbs-up from everyone, so I think its gonna be a new purchase.

BTW, is that a bottle of champers I see sticking out of the pail ?. :wine:

Posted

We have a halogen one too. It rotates and is remote controlled (cannot think why on earth we needed all that!!). Only problem with it is that it MUST be on fairly level ground or the "tilt/fall" protection stops it swithing on.

Posted

:wine:

We bought a porch awning and used it for the first time over the New Year , we didn't bother with a heater , but we had a bit of a problem with condensation on the roof of it , was this because of lack of a heater or because we hadn't weathered it before using it ,

Maggie xx :thumbsup:

Posted

Maggie, I seem to recall someone on here saying a bit of heat and ventilation in the awning does wonders for condensation, but as yet I have not tried it myself.

Geordie.

Posted

:wine:

Thanks Geordie , will try it out in March , bit silly of us really after years and years of camping , but that was canvas and this awning seems of different fabric , never mind it keeps the rain off , thanks again ,

Maggie xx :thumbsup:

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard