Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12 Volt Fridge

Question

Posted

not really thought of this previously -- but does the 12 volt fridge work when you are disconnected from the car and the 240 volt supply..

the reason being what happens on a long sea crossing when you cant use gas etc.. or you are parked up with no gas??

Maurice

4 answers to this question

Posted

Maurice, the 12v ONLY works when connected to the car and the engine is running.

On a long sea crossing it is not worth the risk of transporting perishable goods as they may well become too warm if the door seals are not in perfect condition.

Posted

We popped some pre-frozen ice packs into the freezer compartment, this gave us a [cold reserve] to keep the fridge cold longer without any power supply to it, we only had about a 2 1/2 hr crossing, so I suppose it depends on how long the crossing is and the ambient temperature ::):

Ann

Posted

We popped some pre-frozen ice packs into the freezer compartment, this gave us a [cold reserve] to keep the fridge cold longer without any power supply to it, we only had about a 2 1/2 hr crossing, so I suppose it depends on how long the crossing is and the ambient temperature ::):

Ann

Posted

Ours stayed cool (but not cold) on the overnight crossing from Santander, and cheese etc was fine. I wouldn't trust it with anything like cooked meat though.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Sizing an awning
      By Gray · Posted
      Hi and welcome  ignore the fact I have a motorhome I used to have a caravan for 25 years    Find the beading on the awning and measure it that's how to measure and awning length which is how the awnings are classified     
    • Dog to France
      By Surfer · Posted
      As per some of the many many rumours apparently if Brexit happens, it may be reduced to one year.  We can accept the blood test once but to have it every time the dogs are given the rabies shot would be a bit much.  When we lived in Southern Africa the dogs had to have regular rabies injections but never had to have blood tests and rabies is more prevalent in southern Africa than in Europe.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tangotonyb

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts