Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carver Motor Mover

Question

Posted

One day it worked, next day rien! (We were in France). Control box light shews a red light flashing 3 times-pause-3 times and so on. Key on top of box says 3 flashes then pause repeated indicates short to chassis. I've examined wires ...all secure and intact. Anyone else experienced this? Is the best solution an auto electrician or caravan dealer? Views/advice much appreciated.

23 answers to this question

Posted

Just press the reset button, thats what i did.

Posted

Just press the reset button, thats what i did.

Reset button pressed many times! All to no avail.

Posted

Reset button pressed many times! All to no avail.

Hi this may help? on mine the reset button is on the control box inside the caravan.... near to the red/green light...... need a paperclip to insurt in a small hole....hold in for 3-5 sec and the system will then reset............. hope this help it reset my system when it lockout, when I tryed to move with hand brake on...... all the best Bob

Posted

Hi this may help? on mine the reset button is on the control box inside the caravan.... near to the red/green light...... need a paperclip to insurt in a small hole....hold in for 3-5 sec and the system will then reset............. hope this help it reset my system when it lockout, when I tryed to move with hand brake on...... all the best Bob

Thanks for advice, tried reset to no avail. Took caravan to auto electrician today, motors are fine, but detected a fault in control panel. Phoned Truma who expressed slight disbelief but am sending panel and remote to them to be checked. We await results with baited breath!

Posted

One day it worked, next day rien! (We were in France). Control box light shews a red light flashing 3 times-pause-3 times and so on. Key on top of box says 3 flashes then pause repeated indicates short to chassis. I've examined wires ...all secure and intact. Anyone else experienced this? Is the best solution an auto electrician or caravan dealer? Views/advice much appreciated.

News Flash

Just phoned Carver/Truma tech. dept. and was informed that not only was my control unit faulty, it couldn't be repaired. The only solution is a new one! When I said it was only 3 years old and had been used for 3 holidays I was told that these faults 'just happen'! Can't say I was impressed.

Have just looked at E-bay and a direct replacement is £150 or the updated 'soft' one is £200.

Anyone any ideas. It looks like I might have a remote for sale!

Posted

Yours is the last unit without soft start which were not the best design, still their better than the previous efforts so their right saying 'it just happens' they know it's happened to a lot!!

I'm tempted to say send it to me so I can check it out, after all the unit I'm using is one of their 'condemned' ones I fixed in two minutes :yes::laugh:

If all else fails though your not limited to a Truma control, any control will do the job as long as the correct remote comes with it

Posted

Yours is the last unit without soft start which were not the best design, still their better than the previous efforts so their right saying 'it just happens' they know it's happened to a lot!!

I'm tempted to say send it to me so I can check it out, after all the unit I'm using is one of their 'condemned' ones I fixed in two minutes :yes::laugh:

If all else fails though your not limited to a Truma control, any control will do the job as long as the correct remote comes with it

Thanks Gary

What really annoyed me was the dismissive attitude of the 'technician'. I've paid £60 to the auto electricians for the initial diagnosis plus the potential to spend another £200 for an updated version. If you really were tempted I would as a matter of course pay all postage any additional costs etc. It's a very frustrating situation I would be grateful for any help offered.

Posted

As it happens I've been fixing a Riech control today someone has connected to the battery the wrong way round :fright:

What I've found though is a control exactly the same as yours so I'll take a look at that first and get back to you

Posted

Good news Lill :yes:

I've got an identical board here fixed and ready to send :thumbsup: if you contact me direct we can sort the detail out

This one had not 3 but 6 flashes (safety relay fault) nothing at all wrong wrong with the relay though :no: I wonder if Truma want someone to give them a hand :lol:

Posted

I've got an identical board here fixed and ready to send :thumbsup: if you contact me direct we can sort the detail out

This one had not 3 but 6 flashes (safety relay fault) nothing at all wrong wrong with the relay though :no: I wonder if Truma want someone to give them a hand :lol:

Gary

I'm lost for words and that does not happen often!

I will send an e-mail ASAP.

Better come clean...Lill joined us to this site and surfs the touring and news forums. I look at the technical things in the hope that I may be able to repair the things that seem to crumble as soon as I touch them. I am Bill which is nearly Lill!

Posted

Well to finish off, Bills old control board landed at my place this morning, suffice to say it took me longer to get the cover off than find the obvious fault.

A relay coil is open circuit and that relay needs changing, I nearly said simply changing but their not one bit easy :no: but 'unrepairable' :censored:

Still apart from that, new ones on order so if anyone needs an exchange Carver type AR2 mover control board :thumbsup:

Posted

Well to finish off, Bills old control board landed at my place this morning, suffice to say it took me longer to get the cover off than find the obvious fault.

A relay coil is open circuit and that relay needs changing, I nearly said simply changing but their not one bit easy :no: but 'unrepairable' :censored:

Still apart from that, new ones on order so if anyone needs an exchange Carver type AR2 mover control board :thumbsup:

IT'S MARVELLOUS WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

We are now the proud owners of a working motor mover. I'm gathering my thoughts so that I can express my 'disappointment' with Carver in a rational manner.

Thanks again Gary

Posted

hi, i have a single axle motor mover and the pcb does not seem to comunicate with the remote tried to resink as per manual but still not working. can you help thanks ken

Posted

What makes me laugh is this flashing business, ive seen the short to earth one several times & its got nothing to do with a short to earth, the control panel is knackered & needs repair.

Keith

Posted

A relay coil is open circuit and that relay needs changing, I nearly said simply changing but their not one bit easy no.gif but 'unrepairable' censored2.gif

Still apart from that, new ones on order so if anyone needs an exchange Carver type AR2 mover control board thumbup.gif

WELL HI THERE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY MOTOR MOVER,HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE FOR A CONTROL BOARD ?

Posted

Never talk money on open forums Jonny, if you contact me direct I'll tell you how much to repair an 'AR2' which I presume it is?, as it happens your the second this week as one came in for repair yesterday

Posted

Hi,

Is there an online hand book for the AR2 unit and may be a circuit diagramme ?

thanks,

Dave

Posted

Hi All

I know this is an old posting but I have exatly the same fault with my Carver Single Axle motor mover model AR2-1 Part no M606929.

On further testing, if I disconnect the wires to the off-side motor, the unit powers on okay and controls the near side motor without any problems.

I can then plug the offside wires back on to the control unit and I have backwards movement but no forwards. If I change the wires over (left to right, right to left) the fault switches to the near side motor indating an issue with the control unit and not the motors.

Can anyone tell me if these can be easily repaired ?

Thanks

Andy

post-14034-0-57101100-1298212046_thumb.j

Posted

Depends on your skills? getting the relay/s out the board is not at all easy, get it wrong and the boards scrap!

If indeed that's the fault? are you getting a three light flash fault?

Posted

Depends on your skills? getting the relay/s out the board is not at all easy, get it wrong and the boards scrap!

If indeed that's the fault? are you getting a three light flash fault?

Hi Gary

I'm not too bad with a soldering iron but would ideally like someone to repair it who's used to soucing the parts etc.

I do get th three light flash fault which doesn't happen if P5 and P7 wires are disconnected. If I replug the wires back on when the unit is powered on then it works in reverse and when the unit powers off, switching it back on I get the three lights again.

Thanks

Andy

Posted

Folks

This applies to any item purchased which does not provide a life which could be considered "Reasonable"

You have statutory rights that anything (goods or services) must be

1) As described (on packaging, by seller, and in advertising)

2) Of Satisfactory Quality

3) Fit for the purpose for which sold

These rules are the same across Europe, though each country has their own legal wording. Recent europe wide harmonisation is brining the different countries legilsation closer into line, increasing consumer rights.

The important point here is that Courts have repeatedly passed down rulings that "1 year warranty" items which fail after a year and a day do not meet what most people would consider "Reasonable".

Similarly a caravan mover which failed after being used 3 times was obviously not of Satisfactory Quality.

The "manufacturers warranty" does not come into the equation. You can claim against the finance company (i.e. credit card or direct finance company e.g. Black Horse ) and / or the retailer. NOT the manufacturer.

The manufacturer's warranty provides protection to the retailer, not the consumer. You do NOT need extended warranties.

All it takes is a litigious sounding letter, making out that you are hapy to take the retailer & credit card company / finance company to the small calims court to recover your costs if your claim is not settleld.

There's loads of information on consumer websites about the process. Try www.moneysavingexpert.com as a good starting point. or google your "statutory rights"

Posted

Hello, A & N Caravan Services repair caravan motorhome electronics, including Motor Mover Electronic Modules and Handsets for all makes. They are big in Battery Charger repairs and sales and are now doing the same with Motor Mover Electronic modules. They repair and fit all Motor Movers. The Feedback from Customers on the feedback page suggests they are good?

Just Google A and N Caravan Services.

Posted

I know this thread is quite old but I have the same problem as the first poster. The carver motor mover won't work and the red light flashes 3 times. I was hoping that Gary could help me but it seems he is not accepting messages at the moment. Anyone know if he is still repairing ecbs? If not does anyone know of anyone else who does?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Karl

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard