Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remote key fobs

Question

Posted

We have a W reg Seat TDI and the remote fob has packed up. I put a new battery in but it won't work nor will the red light on the fob light either.

The car doors open manually ok, but now the windows winding down as the door opens :yikes:

It was working perfectly up to yesterday, any ideas anyone before I venture into Seat dealer territory via the phone!

14 answers to this question

Posted

Well JC did do a little test and pointed the key fob at his head, which worked further away than without the head??

Just a silly idea from Mark :laugh:

Posted

No good using mine, theres nothing in it (or is that the idea) :lol:

Posted

Easy - the battery's upside down!

:gethering:

Posted

Must be something to do with the 1st of the month - no help here.

Tony :no:

Posted

Have you got access to uk.rec.car maintenance, someone on there will probably help you.

Posted

This is somthing that has worried me as well -- :whistler: I have two fobs and I think one is on the way out - prolly cause the button has been pressed so many times :rant:

:biker: - I was wondering if these are car spcfic or can new fobs be obtained??

If so how do you re-programm them... :drive:

Posted

Called in town for a new lock at a Locksmiths/Security shop at the weekend and there was a guy buying a new key for his Seat and they had a special gadget which read and reproduced a new key-----?25.

Posted

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Apparently, if you press the remote out of range too many times, it goes out of sync with the car and needs resetting. Another prob. is if you press the remote buttons too hard the solder breaks inside.

As to whats wrong with ours, who knows but Seat say its probally what they call the "blip" in the key head is gone and needs a new one at ?50 including re programming.

These modern cars, why can't we all be happy just to unlock the door with a key. It all beats me :fear:

Posted

Blimey thats a bit steep Matt

Posted

?50 thats cheap, ?100 for a key for my omega

Posted

Just spoke to a friend at work tonight who has had to buy a new fob for his Passat, cost him ?135, this is basically the same company so I'd be careful.

Posted

This is an aspect of modern car ownership that makes my blood boil :rant::rant:

If it wasn't for my wife who likes a nice car, I'd be quite happy sticking with a 13 year old car. No depreciation, no big repair bills, lower insurance.

Posted

Mat

As has been said you will probably have to get it reset at the dealers. We had to have a fob replaced on our Fronterra which resulted in the computer needing reset. Ah the joys of modern cars.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Sizing an awning
      By Gray · Posted
      Hi and welcome  ignore the fact I have a motorhome I used to have a caravan for 25 years    Find the beading on the awning and measure it that's how to measure and awning length which is how the awnings are classified     
    • Dog to France
      By Surfer · Posted
      As per some of the many many rumours apparently if Brexit happens, it may be reduced to one year.  We can accept the blood test once but to have it every time the dogs are given the rabies shot would be a bit much.  When we lived in Southern Africa the dogs had to have regular rabies injections but never had to have blood tests and rabies is more prevalent in southern Africa than in Europe.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tangotonyb

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts