Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheap Caravan Service Offer

Question

Posted

Don't quite know what you'd get for yer 99p !!!!! :stars:

Here's the ad: 99p Service Offer - click here. :undecided:

65 answers to this question

Posted

must be desperate for work?? :fear:

With the new Classified Ad format, an item or property is listed at the full price that sellers would like to receive. For services, the listed price may vary from the full price of a job to the standard hourly rate

cheap hourly rate???

Posted

Strange. I've been told by a very good source that this company does not touch Explorer Group Caravans. Well what if I win the auction, where does that leave them? Surely they'll have to honour the winning bid?

Also why does a company that has taken on so much work from other dealers in the area, plus their own work, have to auction their services?

Maybe local competition is giving them more problems than they thought was possible. I refere to a previous post that was closed for some reason.

Posted

I think its being used as a very cheap form of advertising. Bit of a cheek really as its VERY misleading.

Posted

Cheap advertising, what does that make the company?

I bet this thread don't last.

Posted

I would'nt even pay 99p

Posted

Don't understand the 99p bit.... very misleading as there is no mention of anything for it.

you can't even get a can of Pledge for that and we never use Mr S.... polish in the house - bit worried about its effect on me plastic bits :laugh: ohh errh missus :blush:

Posted

I would not touch it with a barge pole... things must be getting desperate.

Posted

yes its called advertising, and guess what. it works! because you have all looked at it :yes:

Posted

I would'nt even pay 99p

Posted

yeah yeah yeah. its called advertising, and guess what. it works! because you have all looked at it :yes:

Posted

According to eBay a full caravan service can be purchased for 99p. Is this fact or is the advertisement purely for marketing purposes, in which case shouldn't there be a note on description page informing ebayers not to bid on item. If someone purchases the 99p service will it be honoured? If not I think trading standards might want to know.

Posted

Do any of you lot use Ebay?

If so, please read the advert, it clearly states what it is.

Its NOT an auction, so how you can "WIN" it is beyond me.

Its not got a buy it now price either, so rather than all jumping on a bandwagon and looking mighty stupid, read the ADVERT again:

"This listing is a Classified Ad. There is no bidding. If you are interested in this item, you may contact the seller to request additional information."

Cheeky i agree, but like Shane says, its got us lot talking about it.

As for "its illegal, contravenes this and that, shoot the batty boy etc etc etc" has anyone TRIED contacting Reads and requesting what is actually offered for 99p? And if its misleading, going from there?

Posted

Oh, before this one crops up:

Disclaimer:

I have no affiliation with Reads or any member of staff, i have never used them for any service or purchase whatsoever and have no financial interest in either company or group.

Posted

eBay also state the following

For services, the listed price may vary from the full price of a job to the standard hourly rate

Posted

"I have no affiliation with Reads or any member of staff, i have never used them for any service or purchase whatsoever and have no financial interest in either company or group."

And from what I have seen and heard on this site, I for one am bloody glad I haven't.

Posted

Although a good advertising ploy, it could backfire for your company as it looks shady as hell and most to good to be true things on Ebay are.

If its a genuine offer... good on Reads. :thumbsup:

Posted

Do any of you lot use Ebay?

If so, please read the advert, it clearly states what it is.

Its NOT an auction, so how you can "WIN" it is beyond me.

Its not got a buy it now price either, so rather than all jumping on a bandwagon and looking mighty stupid, read the ADVERT again:

"This listing is a Classified Ad. There is no bidding. If you are interested in this item, you may contact the seller to request additional information."

Cheeky i agree, but like Shane says, its got us lot talking about it.

As for "its illegal, contravenes this and that, shoot the batty boy etc etc etc" has anyone TRIED contacting Reads and requesting what is actually offered for 99p? And if its misleading, going from there?

Posted

IF the 99p service offered is NOT available then the advert contravenes eBays' listing policy (even for a classified advert) and if someone reported it to eBay then the advert would be lifted. Furthermore, as the advert is from a business trading in the UK then the advert would probably contravene the TDA and / or a host of others.

It's all "ifs and buts" admittedly, but deploying this type of advert is not a tactic where any experienced and / or moral businessman would risk his company exposure to a possible claim of misleading advertising to customers.

After all, the price stated is 99p, for the "headline" service offered, which is "Caravan Servicing at Read Caravans Service Centre".

Posted

Why all the flak about this one advert? it appears to be normal as 7 other Service Agents are advertising similarly on eBay. Unfortunately they are all too far from me.

I take it all the "Knockers" have never used eBay.

Posted

If you scroll this page down to the bottom, you will see they advertise on this forum, as well.

Posted

I think we need a truce here if possible, otherwise it goes too far and we all suffer. As we know all of you it makes it harder to deal with from this side. Anyway enough from me, I am just asking if a truce could be made.

I will leave it up to you all.

Posted

he he he :thumbsup: I'm saying nowt as Jim will be watching. :jump:

dont worry my staff have been made aware that you will not be comming to us again. :thumbsup:

Posted

I think we need a truce here if possible, otherwise it goes too far and we all suffer. As we know all of you it makes it harder to deal with from this side. Anyway enough from me, I am just asking if a truce could be made.

I will leave it up to you all.

Just a reminder stewart in case you missed it :yes:

Posted

Just a reminder stewart in case you missed it :yes:

Posted

Must be these new glasses Mark. :thumbsup:

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard