Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steam Cleaner

Question

Posted

I notice that Lidl have a special on this week.

Can you use them safely on say the caravan. Would it get those black streaks off?

Would it damage the paint work?

Can you use them on the car?

Anyone have experience of these things?

12 answers to this question

Posted

This sounds like a 'Tilly Gadget' to me.

If she hasn't got one I would be very very surprised!

Posted

Harry,

It's one of those diddy little thingy's. It only holds 1.6 litres of water, about 3 pints. Now if you want to clean your caravan with it, it could take a while.

They are good for cleaning the grout in the shower though.

Dave

Posted

Harry,

It's one of those diddy little thingy's. It only holds 1.6 litres of water, about 3 pints. Now if you want to clean your caravan with it, it could take a while.

They are good for cleaning the grout in the shower though.

Dave

Posted

Harry

Steam cleaners are very clever but I am not sure I would use them on the outside of the van because I would be concerned at the high temp on the paintwork. It would be ideal for cleaning the carpets and curtains. In the house they have many applications. The brand leaders in steam cleaners are Polti. The one available in Lidl seems very good value but I think I would compare specs before buying. The cheapest Polti would be several times the price of the Lidl. They do have lots of attachments, like irons, which you can can add. Some branches of John Lewis have Polti demostrators, well MK does, so if you have a branch near by it might be worth giving the Electrical Department a ring.

David

Posted

I have one like that Harry.

Although I don't use it as often as I should as it a bit bulky.

I also find that when I am using it I get very hot and bothered and slightly damp (not from over exertion..I hasten to add!)

But it does do a good job...We did try it on the alloy wheels but it does take a long time.

My friend has a hand held one that she uses and although it needs topping up with water a lot more is alway to hand under the sink.

Yes Iain...... Tilly does have one of these, I think hers lives under the stairs like mine in the gadget cupboard ::D:

QVC are also agents for Polti steam cleaners www.qvcuk.com

Posted

I have a smaller hand held steamer use it in the caravan yes, but dont think I would attempt it outside, maybe on the wheels but not on paintwork

best thing it does is the oven, sink, beauclaire and toilet not at once obviously :green: lol good for glass and mirrors too (although they do warn to run it over at distance first so not to crack the glass with immediate heat)

great for sanitising the fridge aswell

I use my handheld when away instead of taking an iron as it has multi functions and an iron doesnt

its good on muddy shoes to

great for defrosting the freezer too

you can do bed mattresses with them aswell to kill of bed mites

can freshen up curtains aswell but use a brush attachment as velour material doesnt like steam lol

for black streaks we use fenwicks black streak remover gets them off with ease

Posted

Correen maybe you could give me a demo on my Cadac :laugh:

I bought one on Ebay before Xmas still waiting for it :rant:

Posted

of course I will John in return for a nice juicy steak cooked on your cadac first obviously :laugh::laugh:

whats the delay in you getting yours?

Posted

Reckon they have been robbed, more like robbing to order :rant:

Posted

have you given them a time limit to deliver goods if theyve had payment?

if they dont come through after payment within 10 days then report to ebay and make a claim John

Posted

I've done quite well so far on Ebay so far Correen and a camera flashcard up as I got into a dispute and got a refund then the card turned up ::D:

With the steamer its one of their shops and paid by cheque which was cashed before xmas but I am sure it'll be allright and I do have a working phone number :yes:

Posted

My steam cleaner runs on cereals, curry, roast beef, beer, sarnies and such like.

Its Wade the Gardener!

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Catches this week
      By carper · Posted
      I’m off again on Thursday and hopefully getting more. That fish was my first from this water for a long time. I left the club about 15 years ago. There have been a lot of changes since then especially in the fish size apparently there are at least 20x20s and 4x30s. So I am hoping for something a lot bigger
    • Catches this week
      By shipbroker · Posted
      Had five nights Greenhill Leisure managed a couple of days scrap bashing small roach....next man had six carp on pellet nice to see. They have three small lakes and one new large one...carp to 20lb plus we believe,free fishing if staying on site. Geoff
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anna85

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts