Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

generators

Question

Posted

how do you no how much oil to put with fuel 2 stroke what can you run in your van of a generator

41 answers to this question

Posted

Each make/model of generator can, and does, vary - they usually have a plate or sticker giving the 2-stroke mix requirements.

Posted

or if you havent got one yet you could by a four stroke which uses straight unleaded the small honda 650 or 850 silent runners do that, and they produce enough to charge the 12 v system and run things in the van

Posted

Dont forget your ear defenders and for folk who go away for a quiet weekend off electric. :angry:

Steve

Posted

Get a fuel cell generator - silent, clean, efficient, effective. :thumbsup:

Oh - and a bit pricey too............. :blush:

Posted

Dont forget your ear defenders and for folk who go away for a quiet weekend off electric. :angry:

Steve

Posted

Yes i do.

Steve

Posted

our generator charges from 3 to 5 amp throughout the day uses no oil or petrol, is total silent has a 25 year output guarantee & isn't a pain in the a$$ to other campers

oh & its solar :thumbsup:

Posted

If you have a generator -- do you have to give ear defenders to your next door neighbours

or even those on the opposite side of the field !!!

I think it should be compulsory

Maurice

Posted

Better still - take a leaf out of the Forces book - fit an extension to the exhaust and bury the outlet...

I've seen 17 KVa units running at Beltring where almost the only sign they were running was the outout meters and lights.

Posted

My generator sits in the garage to back feed the house in the event of a power cut to keep my Tropical fish alive.

I wouldn't dream of taking it to a camp site, like have a moped at the side of your van. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Lee

Posted

I wouldn't dream of taking it to a camp site, like have a moped at the side of your van. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Lee

Posted

Although we have 3 gennys i have not used one over here, although the rally we were on August B.H. the vans without gennys in use must of been about 2%. We were in the 2%, it was only a three day rally - and we had the Rugby on in the afternoon both Sat and Sun, and watched some tv in the evening, I might also add we have not yet got round to solar panels either, but the gennys are used when we are in spain for various things. But by the same token I didnt find the gennys that were being used an annoyance or overloud, unless my van is well sound insulated.

Posted

well thanks for all advice much needed sorry if ive rufled any feathers only wanted advice thank u all

Posted

:wine:

Damned stutter's back again !!!!

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Posted

Don't lose any sleep over it Brian - there's loads of topics that will set people off dogs, kids, 4x4's ........

I was just having a whinge cos an inconsiderate pillock stopped me chilling out !

Posted

Just 'cos you forgot the corkscrew - again.... :dev2::dev2:

Posted

Get real Neil, even if I did forget the corkscrew I'd still have the two spares - I used to be a Scout !

Posted

Get real Neil, even if I did forget the corkscrew I'd still have the two spares - I used to be a Scout !

Posted

Posted

The emphasis being on "used to be".... :laugh:

By now you might have exhausted the in-van supplies.... :laugh::laugh:

Posted

Brian, if its one of those "cheapie" 2 strokes it uses a 50-1 mix. The lid of the fuel tank has a cup on it , fill that with oil to 1 full tank of petrol. Ive used a few of those type for years with no issues.

Ive got 2 gennys now plus i use my car via an inverter to charge stuff.

I also have a solar panel.

The genny debate will always ruffle feathers, especially to those who can afford solar panels and think that mere minions who cant should be banned from caravanning.

Posted

Hi Lenny,

Along with gennys don't forget dogs, kids and windbreaks :laugh: ,

Regards,

Ian.

Posted

Hi Lenny,

Along with gennys don't forget dogs, kids and windbreaks :laugh: ,

Regards,

Ian.

Posted

1 Boxer called Alf

1 English Springer Spaniel called Ross

1 11 year old called Ryan

1 12 year old called James

1 32 year old called Michelle

1 cheapie 2 stroke genny

1 Kipor 4 stroke genny

1 briefcase solar panel

1 Shogun Sport Diesel

1 twin axle Compass Rallye

and a 20 a day habit of Lambert and Butlers, followed ocasionally by a Jack Daniels and Coke.

All supervised by 1 six foot shaven headed pug faced chap, namely me.

With the exception of maybe cannabilistic tendencies, is there anything else i should be hated for?

(thank god i dont support footy teams).......................................................................LMFAO

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard