Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calor Lite

Question

Posted

Have a look at Calors new lightweight cylinder at:

http://www.calorlite.co.uk/

Dave

90 answers to this question

Posted

Wow! about time I guess BP must have put the wind up them, now if they could just arrange for European sales outlets. ::):

Posted

Have a look at Calors new lightweight cylinder at:

http://www.calorlite.co.uk/

Dave

Posted

Looks good to me - the BP outlets near to me weren't convenient enough for me to bother changing - I'm nearer a main calor depot than a BP stockist.

I think I'll move over to these next year.

Posted

Wonder what the prices are going to be like

Also wonder if they are going to be at NEC with them

Posted

looking on another forum - yes they are at the nec and as for cost the website mentions 45p more than the current ones with no problem swopping older bottles for these.

Posted

I'm happy with my BP Gaslights and we have plenty of local stockists refill prices do vary though!

As for Calor Light its about time they changed to something lighter i still have a 6kg steel bottle so you never know.

Posted

Just spoken to them, they will be available from Spring next year and the price for the gas will be exactly the same

Posted

I missed/couldn't be bothered with the boat for BP Gaslight when they did their free(ish) exchange programme. I also was against buying another pigtail. Furthermore I was concerned about running out of gas in an area where it wouldn't be available.

Full marks to BP though for forcing Calor to do this.

In a year I only use 1 x 6kg propane in the caravan and 2 x 4.5kg butanes for the Beauclaire. Providing it's a free exchange I'll use everything on the new Calor 'light' !

Posted

I seriously think BP missed the boat here, if they had made it easier for people to swap without a charge, more people would have done.

These lightweight bottles have been out in Europe for many years.

Shame we have to wait for the Spring though :wall2:

Posted

Just spoken to them, they will be available from Spring next year and the price for the gas will be exactly the same

Posted

Sounds like they are doing a free exchange :thumbsup:

Not sure if they are doing the guage to see levels though

Worth a look at NEC to see :thumbsup:

Posted

Sounds like they are doing a free exchange :thumbsup:

Not sure if they are doing the guage to see levels though

Worth a look at NEC to see :thumbsup:

Posted

Presumably half the weight roughly equates to the steel being half as thick :undecided:

Posted

Glad I stuck with calor now. Interestingly I wonder how 2 gas light bottles will affect the nose weight as vcurrently I have the van loaded to give 98kg nose weight.

Posted

Glad I stuck with calor now. Interestingly I wonder how 2 gas light bottles will affect the nose weight as vcurrently I have the van loaded to give 98kg nose weight.

Posted

I have bought my own refillable lightwieghts. They are totally legal, I have had this checked - and although some forecourts are not allowing you to refill I am local to at least 6 LPG outlets who are very happy to fill 20L @ 42p/Litre into my bottle, so thats ?8.40 for 20L of gas - or roughly a 13kg Calor in old money. The bottle has cost almost ?100 but the amount of gas we use (about a 6kg every other weekend with heating, bbq etc) I am more than happy :thumbsup:

If anyone is interested i can put you in touch with the company who may do a TnT 'group buy' this is what me and a few mates did and we got a ?35/bottle discount ???

Nick

Posted

I have bought my own refillable lightwieghts. They are totally legal, I have had this checked - and although some forecourts are not allowing you to refill I am local to at least 6 LPG outlets who are very happy to fill 20L @ 42p/Litre into my bottle, so thats ?8.40 for 20L of gas - or roughly a 13kg Calor in old money. The bottle has cost almost ?100 but the amount of gas we use (about a 6kg every other weekend with heating, bbq etc) I am more than happy :thumbsup:

If anyone is interested i can put you in touch with the company who may do a TnT 'group buy' this is what me and a few mates did and we got a ?35/bottle discount ???

Nick

Posted

I seriously think BP missed the boat here, if they had made it easier for people to swap without a charge, more people would have done.

These lightweight bottles have been out in Europe for many years.

Shame we have to wait for the Spring though :wall2:

Posted

Hi Fishy Dave

The salesman at the N.E.C. assured me the contents guage works off a float switch and is not a dressed up pressure guage.

Lunar

Posted

Hi Fishy Dave

The salesman at the N.E.C. assured me the contents guage works off a float switch and is not a dressed up pressure guage.

Lunar

Posted

Hi Fishy Dave

Lunar

Posted

Why ask salesmen, or saleswomen, technical questions? They're the least qualified of all people to answer technical questions.

From the CalorLite website the contents indicator is clearly a pressure gauge, ala Gaslow.

Posted

Salesfolk are generally the best customer facing 'techies' as they have to know their product. In many industries you find salespeople who started life as techie's. I can think of 4 european coverage sales managers/directors I know personally who started their careers in a technical role, only to progress into a more commerically focussed role.

I also know a director who spends most of his time report writing, project managing, people managing and product managing - not true engineering which is what he studied for and worked with in the outset.....but hey I love it and it keeps me busy :thumbsup:

Posted

It doesn't work at Calor, obviously, nor at any caravan dealer or car dealer that I've been to.

Posted

I think I agree with Roger, in my experience 90% of sales people, in all retail sectors don't seem to know what they are selling.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard