Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italian campsites in March

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Apologies if this should be in the forum about sites open all year.

My boyfriend and I are off on a six month tour next year, with a tent, and we'll be starting in Italy in March. Are we going to struggle to find campsites? Everything i see on the Web seems to open in April. does anyone have any esperience - will it be impossible, or are some places open?

Any help would be great - thank you!

Posted

Look here: http://www.campeggi.com/en/

Doc and I can recommend this site which is open in mid-March.

http://www.arcoturistica.com/Inglese/Campe...peggio_arco.htm

Pictures of the site in my webshots below.

2560166120027722090mavFms_th.jpg

Clickable Piccie

Posted

Apologies if this should be in the forum about sites open all year.

My boyfriend and I are off on a six month tour next year, with a tent, and we'll be starting in Italy in March. Are we going to struggle to find campsites? Everything i see on the Web seems to open in April. does anyone have any esperience - will it be impossible, or are some places open?

Any help would be great - thank you!

Posted

The following Camping Cheque sites are open in March and a pitch for two, tent, and electricity would cost ?10.30 - see their website (www.campingcheque.co.uk) for details:

Villagio dei Fiori (www.villareggiodeifiori.it) near San Remo is open all year,

Camping OK Lido (www.camping-okay.com) opens on 8th March,

Camping Continenal Lido (www.campingcontinental.com) opens on 19th March,

Campeggio Ronocchio opens on 20th March (www.campeggioranocchio.campe@tin.it),

Bella Italia on Lake Garda (www.camping-bellaitalia.it) opens on 8th March,

Camping Cisano (www.camping-cisano.it) opens on 8th March,

Camping Val Renda (www.campingvalrendena.com) is open all year

Camping Cevedale (www.campingcevedale.it) is open all year (apart from Christmas/New Year)

Camping Valmalene (www.valmalene.com) is open all year

Camping Vidor (www.campingvidor.it) is open all year (apart from Christmas/New Year)

Camping Seirur Alm (www.campingaldisiusicom) is open all year

and there are loads more.

Touring cheque sites (not so many)

Camping I Pini, near Rome opens on 15th March, and Camping Norcenni Girasole near Florence opens on 8th March.

Posted

One thing we found out last year, is that Italian sites can fill up at the weekend just like here.

• French fuel price update
      By Rodders · Posted
      Friday 1500 hrs ish Another update Dordogne to Calais , prices for Diesel Carrefor  Sarlat €1.12 AutoRoute Dordogne to Calais €1.28/€1.36 Carrefor Calais €1.06pl   Cite Europe deserted !! this was around lunchtime Friday , normally heaving Quite a few shops are boarded up .Weak pound ?
    • Fiat 500X
      By GaryB · Posted
      Looking quickly at August's Practical Caravan shows the following new 2 berths: Bailey Pursuit 400-2 @‌ 1090kgs MTPLM (82.5% match) Sprite Alpine 2 @‌ 1191kgs MTPLM (90.2% match) Venus 460/2 @‌ 1175kgs MTPLM (89% match) Xplore 304 @‌ 1043kgs MTPLM (79% match) Xplore 402 @‌ 1104kgs MTPLM (83.6% match) The newer the caravans tend to be heavier than older versions (one of our older caravans was a 1996 Coachman 480/4 4 berth that was only 1200kgs MTPLM!), so looking at one a year or so older might get you a bigger caravan at the sacrifice of newer kit. Also be aware that if you passed your test after January 1997 your "B" category only permits a maximum train weight (plated max. weight of car plus plated max. weight of caravan) of 3500kgs.  Not a problem with what you're looking at but worth bearing in mind if you look at larger car/caravan combinations in the future.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    G4RY..

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts