Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Snakemaster' stabiliser setup

Question

Posted

Hi

I have had a Snakemaster leaf spring type stabiliser since I bought my van, but find it problematic to set up.

I even travelled without it last year because I am finding it frustrating to use...

Unfortuately I have not get any instructions for the device (it came with my van) and whilst I would love to just buy an Al-Ko 3004 I simply cannot afford

one at this point.

The main problem I have with the stabiliser is that the blade jumps out of the nylonn guide on the van and starts swinging

around - it has not damaged anything - but I feel it is just a matter of time before it does... :sneaky:

So - question is this : can anybody advise me on how to rectify my problem....I read that a lot of T&Ters are happy with their leaf spring stabilisers

so wondered if anyone could point out where I am going wrong.

The stabiliser appears to work OK when the spring is in the guide - if that helps

Thoughts greatfully appreciated :sweatdrop:

Andy&Fi

3 answers to this question

Posted

We had one fitted to our first van and it did the same thing.

The dealer said the bracket with the nylon guard (on the van)

was low and he just raised it up a hole.

It stopped doing it after that... could be worth a look.

To be honest we ended up selling it and getting an Alko not long after.

Posted

I had the same problem the answer is to lower the drop plate on the car(not the hitch just the stabaliser mount slot) or if you can raise the nylon slipper on the van

Posted

Thanks Lee B and T D for your suggestions

I will give that a go and see if it helps.

Cheers

Andy&Fi :thumbsup:

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Sizing an awning
      By Gray · Posted
      Hi and welcome  ignore the fact I have a motorhome I used to have a caravan for 25 years    Find the beading on the awning and measure it that's how to measure and awning length which is how the awnings are classified     
    • Dog to France
      By Surfer · Posted
      As per some of the many many rumours apparently if Brexit happens, it may be reduced to one year.  We can accept the blood test once but to have it every time the dogs are given the rabies shot would be a bit much.  When we lived in Southern Africa the dogs had to have regular rabies injections but never had to have blood tests and rabies is more prevalent in southern Africa than in Europe.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tangotonyb

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts