Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Alko ATC anti snaking device.

Question

Posted

Has anyone any experience of these new Alko ATC devices? I believe they are fitted as standard to one of the German vans. Also anyone got any ideas on price as there doesnt seem to be much on them on Alko site.

58 answers to this question

Posted

They look quite good, it looks like all it does is apply the caravan brakes so stops the van snaking.

I found this, its in German though but the video shows you what happens.

http://www.caravan-kreiser.de/cck/include....6c6d8886b30e227

Posted

There's an article on it in the July edition of Practical Caravan, Page 128, and they quote a price of around ?300.

Posted

Hi,

The caravan stability system from LEAS has been on sale for a number of years in Germany (and elsewhere in Europe), and it is my understanding that before the AL-KO stability system could be sold in the UK (and Europe) that an accommodation (licensing) needed to be reached with LEAS. This has now been done, and both systems sell for under Euro 500 (about ?300)

As Big Gee says, "all" it does is apply the caravan brakes via 12V activation - that's exactly what ABS and ESP does to the car brakes to stop skidding and cornering instability - so I'd disagree with the "all"

The LEAS and AL-KO systems will stop the caravan fishtailing, and if coupled with a modern car offering ESP+ and TSP (or TSA) - then the German ADAC tests have been unable to cause a caravan to sway at all

One final rider - you apparently can't use the 12N + 12S connectors - you must (should? - the German is not clear here) use the Euro ISO 11446 13-pin trailer connector connector because it provides a physical twist lock and guarantees the 12 volt supply.

Robert

Posted

The Al-ko UK leaflet is on the Bailey Web Site here:

http://www.bailey-caravans.co.uk/downloads...TC_brochure.pdf

It will be fitted as standard on the new Series 6 Senator. It states that it will use the normal 12S/12N connectors, even though it shows a 13 pin connector on the leaflet.

Dave

Posted

The Al-ko UK leaflet is on the Bailey Web Site here:

http://www.bailey-caravans.co.uk/downloads...TC_brochure.pdf

It will be fitted as standard on the new Series 6 Senator. It states that it will use the normal 12S/12N connectors, even though it shows a 13 pin connector on the leaflet.

Dave

Posted

Methinks this is another reason why the UK caravan industry will finally accept and fit the ISO11446 connector for the 2008 model year.

You really don't want the 12S fridge earth burning out and disabling the LEAS or AL-KO caravan stability system.

Robert

Posted

I've been speaking with Alko - they say they'll be ready to fit them from late August - they've been making the final tweaks to run it on 2-plug electrics. I'm number 2 in the queue apparently.

Posted

I've been speaking with Alko - they say they'll be ready to fit them from late August - they've been making the final tweaks to run it on 2-plug electrics. I'm number 2 in the queue apparently.

Posted

I'll take one as well.

Posted

Definatley interested, will using a 3004 Alko be OK with the new system.

Posted

Saw it on the ALKO stand behind doors, NEC Oct 2006 & NEC Feb 2007, Was told they were having trouble with the twin plugs, told by their marketing that it will be available at NEC Oct 2007 cost approx ?300. Suggested they try my new van in Oct 2006 as a test bed. SHACK.

Posted

For ?300 I would be in the queue too.

Posted

Hi All

We are havng this device fitted to our new van - Van already is fitted with a 13 pin connector (Cabby 740 LT - Swedish Van). Van to be exchanged in september. Having other furnishing alteration made.

Val

Posted

For ?300 I would be in the queue too.

Posted

There is an article on the impending switch of the UK market from the 12N/12S to the Euro 13 pin sockets in the latest edition of "Practical Caravan".

Posted

Methinks this is another reason why the UK caravan industry will finally accept and fit the ISO11446 connector for the 2008 model year.

You really don't want the 12S fridge earth burning out and disabling the LEAS or AL-KO caravan stability system.

Robert

Posted

If these devices are ?300 or thereabouts, i cannot see why every new van doesnt have them fitted as standard.

Posted

Posted

Just rang Alko this morning -- they said that the dates given in Practical Caravan are completely wrong and not what they told them at all... but PC will not retract it..

I thought I might pop over to get one fitted --- but they said September at the soonest -- but they did take my name and email and caravan type and said they would mail me straight away they have the room to start..

She said she had had more calls than enough from people wanting them fitted in July -- as per the PC mag..

Maurice

PS I asked them about fitting shock absorbers and they said they would do that as well -at the same time - but they will have to check on the mover position..

Posted

Hi All,

Does anybody know the weight of this device?

Regards,

Ian.

Posted

I'm unsure but I think about 4kg was the weight.

Posted

Posted

Posted

has any one had this fitted yet --- either as NEW (standard equipment) -- or retro fitted. by a dealer or by Alko ??.

How much ?

Where?

When?

Time to get it sorted --

Maurice

Posted

Maurice just checking if you have seen this posting direct from Swift

I asked Swift the question

their answer

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard