Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

POI's for campingsites

100 posts in this topic

Posted

Within the topic Camping Cheques I've already announced my site. For everyone who didn't visit that topic my message again.

From my website (English version available) you can download POI's for the most used navigationsystems. Together with Parafoeter I (but he more then I, Leo thanks for all your work) have located almost 3800 campsites along the West_European highways.

Enjoy my site!

Archie

Archie"s Snelwegcampings

Posted

Within the topic Camping Cheques I've already announced my site. For everyone who didn't visit that topic my message again.

From my website (English version available) you can download POI's for the most used navigationsystems. Together with Parafoeter I (but he more then I, Leo thanks for all your work) have located almost 3800 campsites along the West_European highways.

Enjoy my site!

Archie

Archie"s Snelwegcampings

Thanks again for that Archie! I've done it already, but couldn't get the English Version to work. Had to understand your (double) Dutch!!

I shall certainly stay in your very friendly country next time I visit.

Posted

Thanks again for that Archie! I've done it already, but couldn't get the English Version to work. Had to understand your (double) Dutch!!

I shall certainly stay in your very friendly country next time I visit.

Never too old to learn a foreign language, DOC. Nevertheless, the English version has to do it. I can't see any problem why it doesn't. Please try again (maybe have to make a "refresh" [shft f5]?).

If you still can't reach the English sites, please report me.

Cheers and welcome in the Netherlands :Netherlands:

Posted

Hi Doc and of course all the other viewers,

It is very quiet in this topic! Maybe you Englishmen don't understand my "double Dutch" English :thinking2: or another possibility don't use navigation systems?! :drive:

Does the English version of my website show up in the meantime, DOC?

As you have seen my great partner Parafke has announced in the CampingCheque topic the 1100 campites of CampingCard Acsi.

They're also available now as a poi-file on my site and as you can see there: there is more to come!!

Archie's Snelwegcampings :Netherlands:

Posted

Thanks Archie, I've got the English version on your site now. Don't know why it didn't work before.

Your POI's will be very useful; thanks again for all your effort!

Posted

Hello,

Just a short message to announce you that there is another poi-file ready for download.

It contains about 8000 selected campsites all over Europa.

This time, however, the coordinates in this poi-file were not found or checked by Parafke and me.

I just hand on what I have found after making the poi's for all the navigationssystems as usual.

Nevertheless, enjoy it!

Archie :Netherlands:

Posted

Hello all of you,

Since April 1th the first update of all my poi's is available.

More navigationssytems and a few changes where it was necessary.

Thanks to Parafke: now also with the "motorway-campsites" of the Czech Republic.

See you on the continent :Netherlands:

Archie

Posted

Archie

Doing this on a PDA so apologies if wrong thread

We are at Haliotis in France it's page 49 in Camping cheques

they have moved the entrance so although the co-ordinates are right for the reception the access road has changed

the entrance co-ordinates are now

N 48.55667

W 1.51095 (-01.51095)

these will take people to the entrance no a dead end.

Posted

Thx Grandad,

GPS-co?rdinates files (pdf and axe) will be updated and I shall contact Archie for the POI files.

Posted

Parafke and Archie, thanks a lot for your very useful site, been using it for a few years and now don't now what I would do without it. This year for the first time I've been using the co-ordinates in combination with Google Earth, marvelous, tik in the co-ordinates and bingo, there is the camping, roll google earth a bit forward and there is a view of the surrounding hills, very useful to know what the approach road is like when towing.

Next week I plan staying for one night at Ch?teau et de l'Oseraie, Feuilleres close to the Lille-Paris A1 afrit 13,1, co-ordinates 49.94781, E2.84669. Access from the autoroute seems good, website looks ok, it's not in the ANWB book so perhaps you could add it to your list. See:-

http://www.camping-chateau-oseraie.com/index-gb.htm

groetjes

Posted

Thx Keith

This camping will be added A.S.A.P.

Posted

Hi Graham, Keith (and of course) Leo,

Thanks a lot for your contributions. As Leo already said this morning, I have received the new coordinates from him.

In my new update vs. 1.0705 (probably online about the 1. of May) you will find them in the new poi's.

At that moment I will leave a message here for you.

Kind regards, :Netherlands: Archie

Posted

Hello,

As I promised before I inform you here about the latest update vs1.0705 of my website, which is online since last night.

New in this update:

- different bmp?s (pictures) for the different categories (see the second page);

- the 575 CampingCheque Campsites of the 2007 CC-guide is now complete, thanks to Parafoeter;

- the MEDION-owners can now also use the poi-files;

- a lot of manuals how to install the files are included;

- the 8000-selection has changed into the euro10000! (to be exactly 10.010);

- a few small corrections were made thanks to our users.

I have seen that my site is mentioned in a lot of other messageboards. It is really impossible for me to leave a message in all. So if you have reported my site somewhere else, please mention this messsage there too.

If you have remarks, corrections or whatever, please click the mailbox on my website and mail it to me. Maybe you already have used my poi?s, in that case I am very curious to know your experiences, also if they are not positive. Don?t hesitate to click my mailbox!

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/sdejonge/archiescampings (for the poi?s)

http://users.pandora.be/leo.huybrechts/camp.htm (for additional information and xls- and axe-files)

A lot of ?navigation-pleasure? during your holidays from

Archie

Posted

Hello again all of you!

The probably last update (vs 1.0706) before the summerholidays 2007 of my site is now online.

This time there are no many changes to report, most important is that the Irish campsites along the autoways are added.

We didn?t receive any mail with corrections on the gps-positions , so we haven?t any changes on this point.

If you use this summer our poi?s and you find any mistake (which we don?t hope of course), please report us by using the mailboxes on our sites, so we are able to achieve the highest level of perfection in the future!

Nice holidays to all of you! :Netherlands:

Archie

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/sdejonge/archiescampings

( http://users.pandora.be/leo.huybrechts/camp.htm )

Posted

got to say that we used the POI's ti get to La Val de Trie and the POI was spot on to the front gate although I did notice one out in the Bay of Biscay but not got round to finding out which one could be my fault transcribing it in

Posted

Hi Folks

Please excuse my computer ignorance here.

Recently bought Tom Tom Go 710 - Very pleased with Uk Performance

Off to Continent this Saturday and interested in POIs for campsites.

A bit ignorant when it comes to dowloading POIs to the Tom Tom

Some specific questions

How do I unzip Archie's POI - tried to find free unzip programme without success

|s it easy to load Archie's POIs onto the Tom Tom

How much space will it take on the SD Card

Would it be better to buy and to use another larger SD card and is it easy to Tom Tom Maps to thzt

Answers very gratefully received. Soon would be good to us OH is complaining I should be loading 'van not on the computer!!!

Thanks

Tim

Posted

How do I unzip Archie's POI - tried to find free unzip programme without success

The more recent versions of Windows all have built-in ZIP functionality. Simply double-click on the ZIP file and it should open up as a folder.

If you're still stuck, then Google for a program called 7zip. I use it on RAR files (an alternative to ZIP that Windows doesn't support) but it works on ZIPs too.

|s it easy to load Archie's POIs onto the Tom Tom

With any POI's, it's simply a case of copying the OV2 (and optionally the BMP) file into the map folder. The OV2 contains the actual POI information, and the BMP is just the icon to display for that category of POI. I'm not sure of the name of the folder on the 710. I think it's 'Western_Europe_Map' on my 700.

Once you plug in the TomTom, you'll see it as an extra hard drive in 'My Computer.' Just copy and paste or drag and drop the files into the map folder on that new drive. Be sure to do 'safely remove hardware' from the icon on the taskbar before disconnecting.

How much space will it take on the SD Card

I couldn't say without seeing the file, but once you have it unzipped you should be able to see how big the files are, and that's pretty much the space they'll take up on the SD card. Generally speaking, POI's take up a trivial amount of space.

Would it be better to buy and to use another larger SD card and is it easy to Tom Tom Maps to thzt

You could, but I doubt you'll need to. You may well have to start mucking about with activation codes if you copy the maps onto a new SD card.

Posted

Thanks Dave

That's a super explanation. I feel confident enough to try that. Just need time to get on the computer now. My wife is reminding of how much there is left to do before we set off - grouan

Thanks again

Tim

Posted

:Netherlands:

Hi Tim,

About your question about the space you need for the pois: Even when you use all four of the available pois (1. Campsites along the highways, 2. CampingCheque-campsites, 3. CampingCard Acsi-campsites and 4. Europe10000) you need no more space than about a half Mb on your storageard. So, I don't think you will need a larger card.

For all users:

Please give your comment when you have used the pois, so we can further improve our data! Mailto: archie@zeelandnet.nl :drive:

Posted

Hi Tim,

About your question about the space you need for the pois: Even when you use all four of the available pois (1. Campsites along the highways, 2. CampingCheque-campsites, 3. CampingCard Acsi-campsites and 4. Europe10000) you need no more space than about a half Mb on your storageard. So, I don't think you will need a larger card.

For all users:

Please give your comment when you have used the pois, so we can further improve our data! Mailto: archie@zeelandnet.nl :drive:

Uses even less space than that Archie

I only use a 1GB in my PDA for ALL the POI's and the European seamless map in Tom Tom Navigator 6

Posted

Hi Tim,

For all users:

For anyone visiting Camping Cheque and ACSI Card sites in Europe this is a must have download if you have a Sat Nav. (Archie, hope you got my e-mail) We found them very useful when we went to Switzerland. A lot of campsites are hidden away so the POI's give you confidence that you will get there eventually!!!

David

Posted

For anyone visiting Camping Cheque and ACSI Card sites in Europe this is a must have download if you have a Sat Nav. (Archie, hope you got my e-mail) We found them very useful when we went to Switzerland. A lot of campsites are hidden away so the POI's give you confidence that you will get there eventually!!!

David

Hi David.

Thanks for your message. Just finished with answering all my e-mails after my holidays, I think you have got my e-mail in the meantime.

Archie

Posted

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your help and advice - particularly to-

Archie for your hard work

David for your clear advice

Last night, after I had packed the car for the trip and wife had gone to bed!!, I downloaded the campsite POIs to my Tom Tom 710.

Just a few things to sort and then we'll be off heading for Dover and a month of Continental caravaning. Rome here we come hopefully.

Have a good summer everyone.

Kind Regards

Tim

Posted

Hello to all of you,

August the 1th the latest update 1.0708 (1. 1th annual, 07 year, 08 month) of my website is published in the meantime with more as 15000 campsites in total.

What is new?

Where necessary the positions of the entries of the campsites are adjusted, new campsites are added and campsites which are closed have been removed.

The CampingCheque file has been actualised.

The file Euro10000 has been expanded to Euro11000. Please notice that the positions of te campsites in this file (in contrast to the other files) have not been checked by ourselves!

Please don?t hesitate to send us an email with your comments!

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/sdejonge/archiescampings (poi/pdi)

http://users.telenet.be/leo.huybrechts/camp.htm (extra informatie) nb: new url !

Have fun!

Archie

Posted

Hello to all of you,

Tonight vs 1.0709 of Archie?s Snelwegampings has set online.

Thanks to the enormous efforts of my Flemish partner Parafoeter a few hundreds new campsites are added to the poi?s, also along the highways in Eastern-Europe! The CampingCheque-file is expanded by him with the newest participants.

Unfortunately we had to remove a few campsites that didn?t exist no longer.

The euro11000-file (not located and not controlled by ourselves) is getting more and more accurate thanks to e-mails of attentive users of my poi?s.

? closed campsites?

? campsites missing in our files?

? wrong gps-positions?

? please send us an e-mail!

Kind regards,

Archie

- Download poi?s: http://people.zeelandnet.nl/sdejonge/archiescampings

- Coordinates: http://users.telenet.be/leo.huybrechts/camp.htm