Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hymer Nova 390/392(UK) - 2005/2006

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm considering buying a Hymer 390 or 392 (UK version) and would be grateful for any comments from owners.

Many thanks,

AL

Posted

I looked at the 390 a couple of years ago and had to reject it. A superb caravan quality wise but the payload was nowhere near enough for my needs.

Empty weight was 1050 kg

Max weight 1200 kg

Leaves a payload of 150 kg, not much if you want to carry a couple of bikes, a telly, awning and perhaps a motor mover with a heavy battery plus a sack of spuds and a crate of Heineken.

Maybe the new models are better in this respect

Posted

Thanks Keith.

The max weight of the 2006 UK version is 1350, empty approx 1050 (this has risen to 1100 for 2007).

For us, the 1200 kgs chassis would be fine and indeed preferable. We have never used an awning, preferring a lightweight sun canopy and haven't got bikes, etc, so travel very light. We were looking into buying in Holland or Germany (see separate thread on servicing imports) because we didn't want the full cooker/oven installed in the UK vans, which does nothing for us except add weight! Unfortunately, over here, it's not an option to have it left out.

AL

Posted

Eriba would be a good choice then. If you are thinking of new then there may be a longish delivery time in Holland and for secondhand it may take a bit of searching on internet to find the model/year you want.

I know only of one dealer for Eriba, Erica in Zeist, and they're not particulaly cheap in my experience

http://www.erica-recreatie.nl/index.html

or here for 2nd hand. Occasion is dutch for secondhand

http://www.erica-recreatie.nl/OCCA/occa.htm

I suspect that you will be hearing soon from Rob_ajax, he is situated in the R'dam area and knows a load about Eribas

Posted

Sorry, wasn't very clear. We were thinking about buying on the Continent. However, getting water ingress checks carried out and warranty work done if required in UK seems to be out of the question. So unfortunately will have to go for a UK sourced van.

AL

Posted

Al, I know you are not now looking to buy on the continent but today found this advert, so just out of interest and for price comparisons....

http://www.caravans.nl/ovis/fiche.php?id=1...tart%2520zoeken

Posted

Hi AL

Not a direct answer to your question as I have a Nova 530 and just ordered a replacement. My current one was one of the first tranche of imports which I have been more than satisfied with, using it heavily both summer and winter, just had the wheel bearings changed so you can tell how far we have travelled. The only real problem was a hot water heater packed up. The upholstery and beds are good as new.

Only problem is the weight but on the other hand I do not have the water ingress that i experienced with my British vans!!!

Posted

Keith,

Thanks very much. The kitchen layout of that van is what we like - ie no full cooker. Price is quite a bit below the UK dealer price, but to be fair there is more equipment included in the UK version.

Ken,

Glad to hear confirmation about the build quality - everyone says the same. The weight can be an issue which is why we are aiming at the smallest model.

Have a good Christmas,

AL

• Work begins on £200,000 Ludlow caravan holiday home park
      By Jbeans · Posted
      We are really looking forward to getting a motorhome so that next year we can find quiet lonely places and stop not having to worry about whether we are aligned on pitch or whether the hook up is in reach of our cables. . Like quiet lonely places!  
    • Work begins on £200,000 Ludlow caravan holiday home park
      By Gray · Posted
      I wonder  We mostly use tents caravans and motorhomes so yet another Static park just doesn't shake my tree I really feel their narrow gapped ranks of uniformity are horrible We are really looking forward to getting a motorhome so that next year we can find quiet lonely places and stop not having to worry about whether we are aligned on pitch or whether the hook up is in reach of our cables  So we will not be visiting this place but thanks for giving us the information so we can steer clear
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MichaelUKJones

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts