Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Old Station, Heacham, near hunstanton

1 post in this topic

Posted

We stay at the Old Station, at Heacham near Hunstanton over the Bank hoilday, The Owner had a railway Station in their back garden it was nice little C.S. Site, good supermarket and other shop near by, and the beach 10 minute walk good for dogs too, as we was leaving we went to book it for next year may bank hoilday 2007, The owner said sorry we are no longer trading this C.S. site as from Easter next year 2007, We ask why? because they are going to put railway line in their garden near the Station and put a couple of railway carriage on, and let it out to hoilday maker, they let out the railway station as well, oh dear another good C.S. gone, we are sad but that life, just to let you know, Trevor+Yvonne+ :dog::dog:

• Are you booked with My Ferry Link?
      By shipbroker · Posted
      Lloyds Loading List Bulletin today:-   DFDS will today introduce the first of the two ex-MyFerryLink vessels it has leased from Eurotunnel on the Dover-Calais crossing, enabling it to move from a two-vessel to a three-vessel operation on this key UK-France route. The second vessel is due to re-enter service on 22 February. The Danish carrier had been due to take delivery of the ferries as far back as July last year, but they became the focus of a bitter and notorious dispute over the closure of MyFerryLink and were occupied by French seamen for almost two months as part of a protest to limit job losses. The capacity expansion on this key UK-France trade route will be welcomed by cross-Channel freight operators, which have previously described to Lloyd’s Loading List.com how freight capacity is strained on the Dover-Calais crossing and that the situation can quickly turn critical if there are exceptional circumstances such as a industrial action, disruptions to Eurotunnel freight shuttle services, or migrant-related disruptions.    geoff
    • One trip european breakdown cover
      By skinhead · Posted
      Having suffered breakdowns abroad a couple of times I would recommend CC's Red pennant let me qualify this preference . If your car breaks down while you are away from your van sight seeing ,most car based breakdown ins will not pick up or recover the caravan as they will only recover both if the van is attached to the car at the time of breakdown. Also they will not repatriate the car or caravan if the recovery cost is more than the MARKET value of THE CAR In my case being a belt & braces type I had Red pennant as well as being covered by CSMA'S Britannia premium cover & Green Flag as part of my banks cover .We broke down in Morocco ,starter motor kaput.Green flag & Britannia could /would not help.         but Red pennant arranged for a mechanic to meet us at the next campsite coming home the car packed up in Madrid with engine trouble .Britannia got us to a Citroen garage ,but as the quoted repair bill was in excess of 7800euro & the cars market value (a 2003 2.2 Citroen C5) was only £500 they could not help ,except to pay out the market value , & i would have to pay to get the van home. Green flag was the same . How ever Red Pennant arranged for the car & caravan to be repatriated home & a hire car for us to travel to Santander & rearranged our ferry & paid for hotels . on return to the UK we had a hire car for 2 weeks while our car was in the garage being repaired. The Spanish main dealer had charged 160E for the diagnostic But caused damage to 2 injectors & the diesel rail heater system & had left the engine in bits in the boot .The repairs in the UK came to £1200 but this included a new clutch as it was prudent to replace it while the engine was out . I repeat that the Spanish MAIN CITROEN dealer had quoted 7800e for this repair. So if you are towing & need a comprehensive breakdown cover use a dedicated caravan cover such as CC or C&CC PS I have also been covered by the German company ADAC which are very good but would not have covered the above scenario     
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ngextreme

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts