Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Smart-Com'

Question

Posted

Is anyone in a position to measure one of these items & let me know the dimensions*

Even though the /index.php?showtopic=18039">Elddis has departed I'm still fitting 12S electrics into the 110 (just in case...)

I can also use the proposed 20Amp supply to run a couple of 'DIN Sockets' in the rear for whatever items may be required.

I'm not too sure what ampage a 'Smart-Com' will handle, so the supply will be fused down & the 'DINs' will run in parallell

'Smart-Com' image

However;this relay seems better, as it's rated at 30amps (be that peak,or continous??)

I've been offered a choice of a few Maplins (ABS) 'Project Boxes' & need to choose the correct size for where I want to place it

8 answers to this question

Posted

I recently fitted a smart-com and also a smart seven. The dimensions of the smartcom are 100mm long, 40mm wide and a depth of 30mm. Bear in mind that fitting should be placed where air can circulate.

Posted

Thanks John

It's going to be in a corner, but as I see it it's the switching that may cause any heat build-up, not the actual power handled?

Posted

it's the switching that may cause any heat build-up, not the actual power handled?

Posted

Just a question about the smart 7 and smart com. They did you fit both, don't they do the same job. The reason I am asking is the fuse for the reversing light keeps keeps blowing either when I put it in reverse or when I disconnect.

I have the smart com relay fitted should I fit the smart 7 as well

Marc

Posted

Thanks John

It's going to be in a corner

Posted

Just a question about the smart 7 and smart com. They did you fit both, don't they do the same job.

Posted

I had a look at the 'Smart-7' on 'towsure.co.uk'

Aren't I glad that the lights on the 110 (& previsus Discovery) are of the old-school?

This is the most advanced (ECU-wise) vehicle that I've owned, as the under seat area is all wires & black-boxes :fear:

The Discoverys most technological part was the CD multi-changer :laugh:

As for SWMBO's 'works van' (Mondeo TDCi) at least we don't have to pay for tha fixing if it breaks downm or blows a relay

Posted

Hi

I have Smart com fitted but used that to trigger standard 30 amp relays for the fridge and 12v +. The terminals in the Smart com are very small and make it difficult to get 2.5 cable in neatly, hence the standard relays with 6.3mm blade terminals. Doing this means the Smart com doesn't carry a large load and can be mounted without worrying about overheating.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard