This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brand new Erka Trailer with custom hood, ideal for camping

1 post in this topic

[attachmentid=5475]This is my custom Erka trailer with a one off precision made galvanized bolted on top, just undo 6 screws and the the camper top lifts off, then the trailer is just like a standard Erka trailer.

Copy and paste or just click on this link to view photo's

The hinged top with water tight rubber seal lifts automatically when the three lockable stainless catches are released and stays up on dampened gas lifters.

The top of the hood under the detachable brand new Karrite roof box, has been reinforced so you can if you wanted, stand safely on top of it.

All the tyres are new and the spare is new too.

I have attached a stainless steel box on the front, inside is a fire exstinguisher and the keys for the Karrite box lock, it's a nice box to store anything you like and is water tight.

Everything that you can see in the photo's is what you get .

I guatantee there is not another trailer in the world that looks like this one, it has been professionally built to my specifications, it is perfect for camping and also with the top off, it converts to a standard Erka trailer.

The pictures do not do this sturdy and non rusting trailer any justice, you will be amazed at the quality and you will not be disapointed in any way.

email me on for more info. ?795

• Damp (Maybe) ???
      By dillon200 · Posted
      Hi Gray and thanks for the reply, I popped out again today as its been a couple of weeks since I packed everything away and put the cover on. Nothing has changer the inside is exactly as it was before with just this little bit of delaminating, I cant see any signs of damp any where, how ever I will invest in a meter and check it out properly. It is due a service so I could ask them to check it too. Having seen that its still the same today Im not to concerned about it, I was expecting to see mold every where. I have left some de humidifier packs in there, the sort with granules and a catch tank, we have used them before and if there is any moisture in there they will show it.
    • Damp (Maybe) ???
      By Gray · Posted
      The first thing is to get a Damp meter and check if there is damp that needs curing before you go start repairing Meters come in all prices obviously the more expensive the more sensitive but spend what you can afford over £15 and you should get one that gives you a decent reading either by sound or visual indication if it is damp then you need to find where it's from so you can fix that first  then after the leak is solved Heat and a decent powered dehumidifier before fixing anything else    Can tell I've been here myself two caravans ago AND a couple of months ago when a hose decided to part company at a junction and flood the caravan and although we emptied the physical water out within 5 minutes the residual damp took 6 weeks (yes SIX weeks) to clear up
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts