Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'The Trailer Manual'

Question

Posted

As I have had cause to refer to this manual on another forum, I thought I'd also mention it here.

It's written by an erstwhile poster on these forums and covers all aspects of trailers (including caravans), from EU directives, construction and use regs, fitting a towbar and wiring (including 12S pin burnout), licencing regulations, tachographs, stabilisers, reversing, towing regulations (weights and width, and livestock!), etc. etc. Even building your own trailer and chassis maintenence.

It contains loads of helpful photos and clear diagrams and many chapters are highly relevant to Caravans, as well as other trailers, such as horse boxes, and car transporters etc.

Not sure how much it is; . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I was given a signed copy! :pepper:

Very useful for all the towing, running gear, chassis aspects of a caravan. For stuff on the interior, bodywork and caravan appliances etc. you will need to refer to the Caravan Manual.

It should answer many of the questions which are repeatedly asked here, on the forums.

And NO I don't get any commission. ::(:

4 answers to this question

Posted

Who's that then Doc?

I remember Indespension used to give something similar away, it was really a sales catalogue but had plans for many types of trailer and loads of other relevant information. This must have been about 1970 and a little while later it became just a sales catalogue.

Posted

I always like a little piccie:

IPB Image

Posted

That's the one Gordon, thanks for the photo.

Gary, he posts here as Big-Bri, but as he's been busy collating all the photos and checking the text etc. he's been very quiet on the forums.

Posted

Gary, he posts here as Big-Bri, but as he's been busy collating all the photos and checking the text etc. he's been very quiet on the forums.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard