Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sites near Caen and Rouen Please

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone, Where planning the summer sortie again and we're looking for an overnight site somewhere around Caen. We're doing Zeebrugge to Somewhere in South Brittany and I reckon Caen will be far enough for one day. Something small and handy to the motorway would be nice.

Equally, on the way back were doing South Brittany to somewhere on the Somme and I reckon Rouen will do nicely as a stop over.. Again somewhere handy for the motorway would be good.

We've got to pick four sites this year and we can't even make a decision on one never mind four blushing.gif so any help would be most welcome. thumbup.gif Thanks

Posted

Hi everyone, Where planning the summer sortie again and we're looking for an overnight site somewhere around Caen. We're doing Zeebrugge to Somewhere in South Brittany and I reckon Caen will be far enough for one day. Something small and handy to the motorway would be nice.

Equally, on the way back were doing South Brittany to somewhere on the Somme and I reckon Rouen will do nicely as a stop over.. Again somewhere handy for the motorway would be good.

We've got to pick four sites this year and we can't even make a decision on one never mind four  blushing.gif  so any help would be most welcome. thumbup.gif Thanks

Posted

See my post re: Camping Le Bel Air. It's near Rouen

Posted

We stayed at les hautes coutures which is right by the pegasus bridge at Benouville.

This was a lovely site but we did only stay the one night.

It is about 2km from Ouistreham on the road to Caen.

We used CCC vouchers and paid about 13 euros for the night.

Well impressed because the Bridge was so near and was a real surprise and a big bonus we hadnt expected.

Dolly xxx

• Battery Charger query
      By Rodders · Posted
      Could you beg/borrow/steal a 12v battery charger , even a cheap one from Halfords etc , and check each battery .perhaps even use your caravan charger , then a better picture of the condition of each battery can be gained. We deduce this is a mobility scooter with on board/remote  charger , and gell batteries , Do you know the age , or perhaps the number of charge/discharge cycles of the batteries ?  Gells are more robust and are able to stand deep discharge better than standard batteries but do have a finite life  , so a period of full charge whith a different charger may well help to revitalise  ,When , in the deep and distant past I was working on fork lift trucks and electric tugs , over the weekends the batteries were put on "equalising charge " this was to gently fully charge and desulphate the cells. Chargers are funny things , open terminal voltages can not be related to the output when connected , so if you can, it would be useful to eliminate the dedicated  charger one way or another by using an alternative charger Then Google/ Amazon it is
    • Battery Charger query
      By Predictable Bob · Posted
      My first suspicion would be that the batteries are buggered - how old are they and have they ever been left fully discharged for an appreciable time ?  
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nickiclarke

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts