Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caravan Repairs

Question

Posted

Just phoned caravan Club insurers up, and the delay in getting our van repaired could be months.....................would be quicker to get a new one.................just asked about the damp if it gets in, and as long as we have taken reasonable attempts to keep it out, if more gets in we are covered..................

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

wall.JPG

140 answers to this question

Posted

Oh dear this doesn't sound good.

I thought all was under way at Pioneer yes.gif what has happened?

Posted

no.gif Yes Pioneer have been ok, they have done their part. Its just the waiting for the panel from Lunar and the Club said it could takes up to 6 months................ no.gif

sad1.gifsad1.gif

Posted

That seems so bang out of order that it could take 6 months. mat.gif

It seems typical of manufacturers that all they're interested in is building vans and they don't appear to care about anyone needing parts. I don't know if any other industry would get away with such long waiting times.

I wonder if manufacturers would buck up their ideas if insurance companies had to pay out for a courtesy caravan/hotels etc. for the whole time that customers have to wait for repairs because I'm sure insurance companies would soon be putting the pressure on manufacturers if they had to pay out so much.

Posted

That seems so bang out of order that it could take 6 months.  mat.gif

It seems typical of manufacturers that all they're interested in is building vans and they don't appear to care about anyone needing parts. I don't know if any other industry would get away with such long waiting times.

I wonder if manufacturers would buck up their ideas if insurance companies had to pay out for a courtesy caravan/hotels etc. for the whole time that customers have to wait for repairs because I'm sure insurance companies would soon be putting the pressure on manufacturers if they had to pay out so much.

Posted

Posted

There's a father & son outfit near you name escapes me and they only do repairs to vans and was featured once in a magazine because the make new panels if needed.

I have been there but cant remember exactly where they were will look but as Pioneer have started you seem stuffed.

Posted

Took me 12 weeks to get new panels for our Lunar. The van is now at Crossleys Coachcraft being repaired. thumbup.gif

Posted

still waiting for mine as well --- the race is still on Jill xx

rang them on Friday and they rang back to say that they had tried contacting the caravan manufacturer -- but they have a half day working on Fridays.... and couldent get through..

no reason why they couldent have rang me yesterday though... blushing.gif

it has now been 10 weeks and counting....

Posted

Jill, Maurice and Tim, et al.,

I think it's dreadful that you guys have to wait such a long time for the manufacturers to be @r5ed to get replacement panels out to you.

Now this is one thing that the CC do keep going on about, so it might be an idea for all of you to contact the CC and pile on the umbrage, so that the CC could hopefully put on some pressure.

I'd be hopping mad if I had to wait a third of that time. But then some manufacturers guarantee supply of body panels within ~2 weeks. mwah1.gif

Posted

There's a father & son outfit near you name escapes me and they only do repairs to vans and was featured once in a magazine because the make new panels if needed.

I have been there but cant remember exactly where they were will look but as Pioneer have started you seem stuffed.

Posted

wall.JPG I have just phoned V & G and even he thinks 14 weeks is long winded!

Just e mailed the Caravan Club as well, blushing.gif let off a bit of grief!

Someone somewhere is going to get the lash of my tongue today! blushing.gif

Pioneer are not answering the phone!

xx mwah1.gif

Posted

yes.gif Pionner answered the phone..............they are ringing me back!

Watch this space!

LOL

JILL wall.JPGwall.JPG

Posted

jill

i would tell insurance im booked for certain dates

will they be putting you up in hotel or getting you replacement loan van

to use because 6 mths is unacceptable

Posted

pepper.gifcheering.gifpepper.gif

Pioneer phoned this morning and the panel is being shipped to them from Lunar this week!!!!!!!! pepper.gifpepper.gif

LOL

JILL

Posted

pepper.gif  cheering.gif  pepper.gif

Pioneer phoned this morning and the panel is being shipped to them from Lunar this week!!!!!!!!  pepper.gif  pepper.gif

LOL

JILL

Posted

V&G Caravans are a Father and Son outfit that make panels and were featured in PC mag?

Vince & George are on 01733 350580

Posted

Just been on to the CC insurance agents who passed the authorisation for repair in September.... they have done all they can as insurers -- they have authorised payment and the cash is there...

Been on to the Dealer -- whom I purchased the caravan from and is has been the top Dealer for 6 out of the past ten years.. also an accredited workshop and repair shop..

Blather Blather blather.... "I have know it to take up to 6 months" - "each caravan is special and body panels are different" - "models change each year and only a discreet number of panels are made" (this is a 2005 caravan and the model has been externally unchanged for the past 5 years)

Asked why they hadn't rang me since last Friday --"I don't understand it - we usually do that sort of thing"

I asked - What are you going to do?

"I don't know what we can do - we are in the hands of the manufacturer - I only hope that when the panel comes it is fit for use and I don't have to reject it -- then we could be on another three month wait"

what is the phrase -- "catch 22" ???

Posted

Go and make a fuss when other potential customers are looking on. I've found this an excellent way to get good service from a variety of establishments over the years.. thumbup.gif

Posted

OMG -- after shouting at the man not 15 mins ago - (not my style at all)-- I have just had a phone call from one of the first blokes minions -- that the panel arrived TODAY -- and the receptionist would be contacting me for an appointment -- bit like the dentist really !!!

I did tell them that I had been discussing this on the INTERNET and was about to reveal NAMES... blushing.gif

don't know if that had any effect... no.gifno.gif

Posted

Does this mean it'll be fixed in time for the New Year Rally Maurice?? blushing.gifblushing.gif

Posted

Does this mean it'll be fixed in time for the New Year Rally Maurice???  blushing.gif? blushing.gif

Posted

I've used Jim's ploy a few times and to good effect.

Face to face, with other folks around, they can't afford to be as dismissive as on the 'phone. Also the more polite, but persistent, you are the greater the effect.

If you' ve got corroborating letters and e-mails, then take them along, so that they have to do something there and then, so that everyone else around can see their response to your polite, and reasonable 'annoyance'.

I've even made a few non too quiet asides to waiting 'customers'!

Most instances were when dealing with a dreadful Renault dealer (service dept.)and the equally (then?) useless Renault customer care dept.! wall.JPGwall.JPG Heaven knows what my blood pressure was.

P.S. Glad to see things are moving in your direction, Maurice!

Posted

Results Jill and Maurice. cheering.gifcheering.gifcheering.gif

Hope it all goes smoothly now.

Posted

Yep I second that sentiment Dot

Good luck you guys, hope its speedy now thumbup.gif

Posted

blushing.gif I e mailed the Caravan Club yestewrday as we are insured through them and gave them grief.....................funny how all our panels are either on their way or develiverd this week.......................Hurray! cheering.gifcheering.gif

May we all smile soon!

LOl

JILL

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Catches this week
      By carper · Posted
      I’m off again on Thursday and hopefully getting more. That fish was my first from this water for a long time. I left the club about 15 years ago. There have been a lot of changes since then especially in the fish size apparently there are at least 20x20s and 4x30s. So I am hoping for something a lot bigger
    • Catches this week
      By shipbroker · Posted
      Had five nights Greenhill Leisure managed a couple of days scrap bashing small roach....next man had six carp on pellet nice to see. They have three small lakes and one new large one...carp to 20lb plus we believe,free fishing if staying on site. Geoff
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anna85

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts