Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carver Cascade 2 water heater

7 posts in this topic

Posted

We have been having a little practice run in the caravan (dont laugh) seeing as though its not long till our first rally and we wanted to make sure all the bits and pieces were working in the caravan.

We have operation manuals for everything except the water heater no.gif

How do you operate it and what are the do's and don't please????

Also, how long should it take to heat the water up?

Silly question but does it just run off of the electric or is gas also required and finally, what are those light sequences all about??

Thanks.

Terry.... blushing.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

Posted

GARY!!!!!!!

got a job for ya'

Posted

We have been having a little practice run in the caravan (dont laugh) seeing as though its not long till our first rally and we wanted to make sure all the bits and pieces were working in the caravan.

We have operation manuals for everything except the water heater  no.gif 

How do you operate it and what are the do's and don't please????

Also, how long should it take to heat the water up?

Silly question but does it just run off of the electric or is gas also required and finally, what are those light sequences all about?? 

Thanks.

Terry.... blushing.gifhuh.gif  huh.gif

Posted

Hi there, to heat the water on electric you just need to make sure the heater has water in it then put on the switch. Have you found the switch? It should be marked. Ours is on the front of the seat locker which houses the Cascade.

To operate on gas we have a switch to put on and 3 little lights. If the green light comes on and stays on then it is working ok. If the red light comes on then it has failed to come on....maybe no gas or air in the gas pipe. Wait a few minutes and try again. If the yellow light comes on then your battery is too low to ignite the gas.

You can use both electricity and gas at the same time to heat the water quicker. The time to heat a tankful depends on the power of the heater and how cold the water is. Our Cascade mk 2 is 800watts and in the summer takes about 20 minutes to heat a tankful using only electricity.

When showering we put on the gas too before starting, that way you get more hot water to use. To save gas remember to put it off again as soon as you are done.

Posted

Hi there,  to heat the water on electric you just need to make sure the heater has water in it then put on the switch.  Have you found the switch?  It should be marked.  Ours is on the front of the seat locker which houses the Cascade.

To operate on gas we have a switch to put on and 3 little lights.  If the green light comes on and stays on then it is working ok.  If the red light comes on then it has failed to come on....maybe no gas or air in the gas pipe.  Wait a few minutes and try again.  If the yellow light comes on then your battery is too low to ignite the gas.

You can use both electricity and gas at the same time to heat the water quicker.  The time to heat a tankful depends on the power of the heater and how cold the water is.  Our Cascade mk 2 is 800watts and in the summer takes about 20 minutes to heat a tankful using only electricity.

When showering we put on the gas too before starting, that way you get more hot water to use. To save gas remember to put it off again as soon as you are done.

Posted

Hi there, sorry not to have replied before. Did you get it all figured out?

Whether your water heater runs on electric depends on how old your van is. Older ones may only run on gas. If you look at the Cascade and see a cable going to it then that would indicate you have a gas and electric one. The on/off switch should be on the other end of the cable.

You don't need 240v to run on gas, the spark to light it is powered by 12v, so you need a reasonably charged battery.

Posted

Yeah sorry from me as well

You can download a manual here

and theres a Tuturial here

• Monty Don & Chelsea
      By markf · Posted
      I like Monty, I know what you mean about some of the presenters, enjoy the show though just wish I had tickets
    • Monty Don & Chelsea
      By Rodders · Posted
      Anyone see Monty at the show on royal day He needs to have a serious word with his tailor , looks like he borrowed his suit from Worzal Gummage Then later seeing him sitting with Grason Perry , got me thinking Aunt Sally had turned up to see Worzal  , Also watching the show , a realisation came to me about what irritated me about modern presentation styles A Radio 1 presenter ( forgot her name ) was talking about her gardening , well at least I think that is what she was talking about , she was spitting words at a machine gun rate and my ears could not keep up with her . Later Joe Swift came back on and spoke in a measured and clear way easily understood and absorbed . The realisation is ,that now days on radio and yoof TV p,resenters seem to  have to gabble at top speed Hence , I struggle to listen to Radio 1  , and 2 sometimes , LBC  just to pick a few. Must get new batteries for my ears !          
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jgb

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
    2. 2
      nor
    3. 3
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics