Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EXCELLENT PRICES FOR TYRON BANDS

4 posts in this topic

Posted

cheering.gif I am a great fan of Tyron Bands as they saved me from a nasty accident after a blow-out on my previous caravan. I have them fittted both to my twin-axle van and my 4x4 tow car.

After contributing to another thread on Tryon band I was checking out the prices paid for replacement tyres and Tyron bands on my Avondale Landranger, twin axle van last year. I had the bands fitted to the van which was new to me when I had the tyres changed.

The prices I paid are REAL BARGAINS compared with what some folks have been quoted by caravan dealers. I thought that this information could help to save some of you a lot of money.

We had 5 bands (13 inch wheels) supplied and fitted - we did the spare wheel too, in April 2004.

The price was ?34.01 per band for each wheel, or ?170.38 FOR ALL FIVE. plus ?5.88 for the "customer care kit" (Basically an extra long Allen key which you give to a tyre fitter if he needs to remove the tyre to repair or replace) and ?17.63 for carriage on the 5 bands. (Excuse the odd prices they with VAT added)

The company Tyrecare of St Helens is a member of the Hi-Q network and so there is probably one of their members near you, wherever you are. Tyrecare give an excellen personal service and keep our 2 cars and caravan well tyred.

Regards and happy caravanning on Tyron Bands - I'm not on commission from Tyron or my tyre dealer by the way.

Regards

Tim

Posted

thumbup.gif Thanks Tim, something to bare in mind. cheering.gif

Steve

Posted

I intend having Bands fitted at the next service, not just for the safety aspect but I have seen pictures of the damage a blow out can cause a van. I think I will price up the bands elsewhere before the service in March.

Posted

We are due a new tyre change on the next service.

Think I too will look into having them fitted. thumbup.gif

• Work begins on £200,000 Ludlow caravan holiday home park
      By Jbeans · Posted
      We are really looking forward to getting a motorhome so that next year we can find quiet lonely places and stop not having to worry about whether we are aligned on pitch or whether the hook up is in reach of our cables. . Like quiet lonely places!  
    • Work begins on £200,000 Ludlow caravan holiday home park
      By Gray · Posted
      I wonder  We mostly use tents caravans and motorhomes so yet another Static park just doesn't shake my tree I really feel their narrow gapped ranks of uniformity are horrible We are really looking forward to getting a motorhome so that next year we can find quiet lonely places and stop not having to worry about whether we are aligned on pitch or whether the hook up is in reach of our cables  So we will not be visiting this place but thanks for giving us the information so we can steer clear
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MichaelUKJones

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts