Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gas bottle exchange

Question

Posted

May be a silly question,but I have an empty 7kg gas bottle with "shell gas"

written on the side.Can this be exchanged for a refill anywhere?

cheers,

Nige.

7 answers to this question

Posted

Anywhere that sells ShellGas nige.. You wont be able to exchange for a Calor product !

Posted

You might be lucky with calor... we had on old corrall gas cylinder, went to the main depot and they changed it for a calor one !

Posted

My local Shell garage rebranded its gas a couple of years ago.

They now sell Flogas (with large "Flogas" stickers covering what was there before.

So why not try your local Shell Garage??

Posted

We're in the same boat - got a 7Kg Shell gas cylinder as well as a 7Kg Calor one.

Will be trying to change both at Camping & General next weekend as we've seen Shell cylinders in their empty cylinder locker before now!!!

Posted

wine.gif

In the past we've changed Shell/FloGas & Alta gas cylinders with no problems. We've since switched to propane and moved to Calor at the same time.

wine.gifwine.gifwine.gif

England.gif

Posted

Hi,

I think you'll find that a main Calor dealer will exchange any make of bottle whereas a calor gas agent will not normally do this. According to Calor, there is no reason why the agencies can't exchange non calor bottles.

john1215

Posted

My calor main agent WILL ONLY exchange Calor for Calor but did do a 7kg bottle to a 6kg swop.

!5kg for 15kg is was all he was interested and it had to be Calor.

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• Catches this week
      By carper · Posted
      I’m off again on Thursday and hopefully getting more. That fish was my first from this water for a long time. I left the club about 15 years ago. There have been a lot of changes since then especially in the fish size apparently there are at least 20x20s and 4x30s. So I am hoping for something a lot bigger
    • Catches this week
      By shipbroker · Posted
      Had five nights Greenhill Leisure managed a couple of days scrap bashing small roach....next man had six carp on pellet nice to see. They have three small lakes and one new large one...carp to 20lb plus we believe,free fishing if staying on site. Geoff
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anna85

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts