Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lyndon Top, Rutland Water

28 posts in this topic

Posted

cheering.gif This site has NO electric. cheering.gif

Right that got that over with. daisy.gifwall.JPGdaisy.gif

if you want heaven on earth, this is the place to go. goodpostingsign.gif

Just ask Gaz, we could have a fantastic rally there if you lot would stop worrying about leccy....there are loads of areas to pitch on and there are plenty of rallys going on all the time.

the views are breathtaking - and Rutland water has so much to offer that you couldnt do it all in one weekend.

There is a farm shop not far away and a Garden Centre virtually next door. Having said that Lyndon Top comprises about 10 separate fields which makes up the whole place. Its nice n flat and if you have the weather, that great big barbecue we keep promising ourselves would be ideal there. wine.gifwine.gifwine.gif

Oakham and Uppingham are lovely little towns with lots of nooks and crannies to explore. Two exceptional schools - quite famous - in the area......not that anyof us care about that, cos we are all growd up now..

Over to you Gaz..........

luv Dolly x

Posted

Sounds perfect. pepper.gif I just wish I wasn't so far away.

Posted

I've tried to get the management to consider a rally here Dolly.

When i went there last year i thought it a magic place thumbup.gif and i've raved whenever posssible about it.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.It's one of if not the best place i've taken my van to yes.gif

If you mention a rally with no lekky or toilets it seems to fall on deaf ears,but one in a nice location in the summer months would be nice thumbup.gif

It seems a pity that people will bypass some wonderful places because it has no facilities

Posted

I live only 10 miles from Oakham, and have relatives there, it is a smashing town, not too far away is Stamford, another quaint town, but must admit I am a leccy fan too yes.gif

Shiba.

Posted

yes.gif Yes Stamford, my home town.............We love sites without leccie as well! People can miss so much.............

I could walk to the site...................or cycle?

LOL

Posted

Gaz has mentioned this site to us before & it sounds really great! Not a million miles away either. If anyone wants to meet up there for a weekend, we'd be happy to come along.

Bit worried about how I'm going to power the trouser press and the cigar humidor though! no.gif

Posted

We had a rally at Lyndon Top and it was good. There is also a bam you can have if you book it at the time you book your rally. if you do have a rally here put me down for it.

all the best mel smoke.gif ing

PS was looking at a rally site at Ashbourne Derbyshire no ele but only ?3 per night per van and it is only about 2 miles to Ashbourne and about 2 miles to Carsington Water

mel

Posted

We were at Rutland Water last weekend its a lovely place beutifull countryside and good walking area. also lovely for walking dog. We had Telly, radio shower, All off leisure battery .--Who needs Elec-hookup.

wink1.gifbeer.gif

Posted

What can we say --- being original Rutlander's !!!! half of the county that you can see is now under water...

I hope that you went along to Edith Weston and looked around Dolly.. (Mary's old school till last September...) The Army camp (St Georges barracks) used to be RAF North Luffenham - home to the Canadians during the war.( and me when I was at the services language school much later) The pub in the village changed from a RAF pub to an Army type pub when the RAF moved out... blushing.gif

Also if you looked out of your caravan window across the water you can see Linden Hill ... and also nearly see Hambledon our folks come from there... Marys from Oakham..

Our old house is the Old Post Office in Upper Hambledon (Lower H is under the water icon8.gif as is Uncle Arthur's farm)

The original place which is now the Caravan site was a tea room which used to let two bedrooms -- but it didn't pay..

They have had a load of problems just getting caravans there as the Oakham lot in county hall (where grandma was an upstairs maid when it was "the big house" )don't want to spoil the countryside..

Do take your bikes you can get around the water in about 5 hours.. Directly opposite on the other side of the water is Geoff Hamilton's gardens which you can go around...

If you want you can walk around the County (takes about 2 days good walking..) and get a certificate from the High Sheriff of Rutland (queens representative) who lives in Manton -- just down the road from the camp site...

thumbup.gifmwah1.gifthumbup.gif

Posted

Well Gaz

Thats possibly half a dozen of us willing and able to meet up.

Maurice, you can be our guide and mentor.

Come on folks - you can have it all, its just your battery that will take over

honest !!!! it does work, and if you have an inverter, well so much better

You dont need the telly if you wiv us anyway - and if there was enough of us we could get the barn I am sure.

Its worth no leccy for the breathtaking views it really is.

Dolly xxx

Posted

Well Gaz

Thats possibly half a dozen of us willing and able to meet up.

Maurice, you can be our guide and mentor.

Come on folks - you can have it all, its just your battery that will take over

honest !!!! it does work, and if you have an inverter, well so much better and your telly would work BUT

You dont need the telly if you wiv us anyway - and if there was enough of us we could get the barn I am sure.

Its worth no leccy for the breathtaking views it really is.

Dolly xxx

Posted

I've got the number yes.gif

One phone call,and i'm sure it would be game on.

We just need the management to throw there weight behind this and i'm sure it would be a goer.

I've said it before and i'll say it agian,one of if not the best place i've vanned.

Mind you this weekend location we went to was a cracker yes.gif

Posted

The site sounds excellent, its easy to survive for a long weekend without leccie and still have the TV,DVD if the kids need amusing. After this weekend we didnt see them unless they wanted feeding or watering.

Posted

August time ?

Posted

Gaz are you volunteering to be a marshall then?

Posted

We're pretty much clear in August. Put me & Mags down. It'll be a chance to try out our new van!

Gareth will be a fine marshall; Stetson, twin six-guns, shorts and wellies... thumbup.gif

Posted

I have nooooooo problems marshalling,but from the end of July and all of August we are either away or committed to other things. no.gif

What about the middle of July,i know it isn't a perfect date (kids holidays) but it is a fairly central location for people to get to easily.

Posted

sorry we are away on hol's in July

mel

Posted

I can make July but not August. How about early September before the little treasures start back at school?

Gareth will be a fine marshall; Stetson, twin six-guns, shorts and wellies

Posted

Yep early Sep as long as it aint first weekend cos that NFOL/CCC but wese is up for any other time.

Dolly xxx

Posted

Over to you lot which weekend, as there is availability for all times, so whichever one you all decide I can book and then find out how much

Looking at the other rallies, it would be good to be 2nd weekend in August but that doesnt suit everyone Llewellynd cant go then yikes.gif

So its over to you guys to decide a mutually great weekend thumbup.gif

Posted

I'm away in France then cry1.gif

Posted

If nothing can be sorted this Summer because everyone's otherwise commited, then may I suggest it is put into the rally calander for next Summer !

Posted

Good idea Ron.

Posted

Nice one Ron, wht about first weekend in July then which this year is Derbyshire T&T Rally ??

Come on folks, roll up - roll up xxxxx

Sonja, thanks for being prepared to continue doing the bizz, sweetheart that you are xxx

Dolly x

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• French healthcara good , Calais port yuk
      By Green Squirrel · Posted
      I (we) can echo your thoughts on the French health service - they are excellent AND glad you are OK Rodders.
    • French healthcara good , Calais port yuk
      By Rodders · Posted
      Having been taken ill in Calais on Sunday , I have nothing but praise for the French health system After a stupidly early start Sunday morning , we took a P&O ferry to Calais (£32 with 6bottles of Banrock station thrown in ) I was in the throws of a heavy cold and had not slept well for a couple of days , having done our wine and food shopping , we stopped for a bite of lunch , that is when it all caught up on me . I started to feel odd , and light headed , next thing I woke up with Cite Europe first responders checking me out . They took my previous history ( hard going due to our limited French ) but what did get through was 3 previous heart attacks . For them, that set the alarm bells ringing  , and an ambulance was called and I was  carted off to the Calais Hospital . For 12 hours I was subjected to a barrage of tests ,ECG , Blood, BP etc and the upshot of it was likely fatigue and nothing else . The E111 worked fine , and I was given a referral letter , copy of all the test results , and discharged . I was expecting some sort of invoice for the treatment , but it was just like the NHS at home , FOC So at midnight we left the hospital to join the queue for the delayed ferries , due to the grounding of a ship earlier in the day at the port entrance , finally boarding at around 0245 .port information was all but non existent. Out Son , who was with us but  in his car had  left earlier ,and  had been waiting over 6hours at the port , in the end we ended up on the same sailing . Finally getting home in the early hours of Monday morning A weekend to forget  
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jimjam107@hotmail.com

• Popular Contributors

1. 1