Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard
  • Topics

• French healthcara good , Calais port yuk
      By Green Squirrel · Posted
      I (we) can echo your thoughts on the French health service - they are excellent AND glad you are OK Rodders.
    • French healthcara good , Calais port yuk
      By Rodders · Posted
      Having been taken ill in Calais on Sunday , I have nothing but praise for the French health system After a stupidly early start Sunday morning , we took a P&O ferry to Calais (£32 with 6bottles of Banrock station thrown in ) I was in the throws of a heavy cold and had not slept well for a couple of days , having done our wine and food shopping , we stopped for a bite of lunch , that is when it all caught up on me . I started to feel odd , and light headed , next thing I woke up with Cite Europe first responders checking me out . They took my previous history ( hard going due to our limited French ) but what did get through was 3 previous heart attacks . For them, that set the alarm bells ringing  , and an ambulance was called and I was  carted off to the Calais Hospital . For 12 hours I was subjected to a barrage of tests ,ECG , Blood, BP etc and the upshot of it was likely fatigue and nothing else . The E111 worked fine , and I was given a referral letter , copy of all the test results , and discharged . I was expecting some sort of invoice for the treatment , but it was just like the NHS at home , FOC So at midnight we left the hospital to join the queue for the delayed ferries , due to the grounding of a ship earlier in the day at the port entrance , finally boarding at around 0245 .port information was all but non existent. Out Son , who was with us but  in his car had  left earlier ,and  had been waiting over 6hours at the port , in the end we ended up on the same sailing . Finally getting home in the early hours of Monday morning A weekend to forget  
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jimjam107@hotmail.com

• Popular Contributors