Photo

Caravan Pub Sites

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 Old Soldier

Old Soldier

100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:21 PM

Hello Folks.
After long and protracted negotiations with Mark ( an hour or two ) we have decided to try to move my MSN group to this site. For those members of both sites it should be a great improvement for all.
Early days yet but I hope to be able to give you a full and concise database of caravan and camping sites which are a stones throw from a pub, bar or club. An area that you can go to to find decent "pubsites" where you don't have to drive to get a drink.
We will encourage members who visit the sites to tell us about them in the site reviews and of course we need to know of new ones.
It may take a little while but I hope you will find it complements this otherwise great website called Touring and Tenting.Com
Regards. Pete. :wine:

#2 Karen the Karavanner

Karen the Karavanner

KtK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:28 PM

Well done Pete!

I have nothing to offer yet, but when the kids are older I will let you know!!
Karen

Exeter
ABI Eivissa "The Pinky"

#3 Evans of Sprot

Evans of Sprot

Bearded Wonder

• Top Posters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:55 AM

Very, very good.

What's a pub?
Posted Image Click for piccies

Doncaster sur Don

Beam me up Sprottie

Posted Image

#4 mel

mel

really nice bloke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 11:26 AM

HI PETE

PUB SITE FOR YOU
A UP ME DUCK

PRADO 3.0TD TX
FLEETWOOD 640eb 2005

WEB SITE FOR OWNERS OF FLEETWOOD CARAVANS

[url="http://www.fleetwood...rs-club.co.uk"]

#5 eeyores mum

eeyores mum

guru

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 11:32 AM

hi Pete
another good idea
Diane and Terry (aka Tickling Trucker)

#6 mel

mel

really nice bloke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

:smoke: ING
A UP ME DUCK

PRADO 3.0TD TX
FLEETWOOD 640eb 2005

WEB SITE FOR OWNERS OF FLEETWOOD CARAVANS

[url="http://www.fleetwood...rs-club.co.uk"]

#7 Old Soldier

Old Soldier

100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 11:42 AM

HI PETE

PUB SITE FOR YOU

Hi Me! Thanks for that, I don't have that one. What makes it a "Pubsite"? Do you have any other info about the facilities, does it have it's own site or is it near to others...that type of thing. Regards. Pete.

#8 Old Soldier

Old Soldier

100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 01:51 PM

HI PETE

PUB SITE FOR YOU

Thanks Mel. I have added it to the old site. http://tinyurl.com/268lk
Anyone visiting, we could do with some photos, particularly of the caravan site itself. Regards. Pete. :thumbsup:

#9 Old Soldier

Old Soldier

100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 01:54 PM

hi Pete
another good idea

Hi Diane and Terry. I'll make this work if it kills me!!! Cheers. Pete. :jump:

#10 gypo

gypo

English and Best

• Members
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 10:12 AM

Pete, one for your list is the Rutland Arms at Woolsthorpe-by-Belvoir right in the heart of the Vale of Belvoir and next to Belvoir Castle, locally known as 'The Mucky Duck', it boasts a new shower/toilet block built in the old stables also electric hook ups and it is right next door to the pub, it is also by the Grantham canal and is ideal for walking or bikes, just hope you like late sessions, cheers
"It's been Monday all week"

Location, Pork Pie Land

#11 Old Soldier

Old Soldier

100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (gypo @ Apr 18 2004, 10:12 AM)
Pete, one for your list is the Rutland Arms at Woolsthorpe-by-Belvoir right in the heart of the Vale of Belvoir and next to Belvoir Castle, locally known as 'The Mucky Duck', it boasts a new shower/toilet block built in the old stables also electric hook ups and it is right next door to the pub, it is also by the Grantham canal and is ideal for walking or bikes, just hope you like late sessions, cheers

Thanks Gypo. Already have that one. Do you know if it is a C&CC site or not?
Regards. Pete.

#12 gypo

gypo

English and Best

• Members
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Old Soldier @ Apr 18 2004, 11:02 AM)

Regards. Pete.

Pete, don't think so about the C&CC but I have a phone number 01476 870111, cheers

Location, Pork Pie Land

#13 gypo

gypo

English and Best

• Members
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Old Soldier @ Apr 18 2004, 11:02 AM)

Regards. Pete.

Pete, don't think so about the C&CC but I have a phone number 01476 870111, cheers

Location, Pork Pie Land

#14 justlizz

justlizz

Busy Lizzy

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:36 PM

Hello Pete glad you are coming on this site I found your other site very difficult to get round and the few messages I posted some of them never seemed to make it I dont know where they went but if they landed on another site it must have confused the hell out of them
lizz
Ford Ranger XLT pick-up

#15 Old Soldier

Old Soldier

100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (justlizz @ Apr 18 2004, 08:36 PM)
Hello Pete glad you are coming on this site I found your other site very difficult to get round and the few messages I posted some of them never seemed to make it I dont know where they went but if they landed on another site it must have confused the hell out of them
lizz

Thanks Lizz. I think I got more frustrated with it than anyone. I tried to make it user friendly, and as a means of just posting messages it probably is, my trouble is that I was trying to use it for something that it could not really do, that made it difficult to find your way around. Hopefully, with Marks help, we should be able to provide a useful addition to this site. It will still depend on the membership taking part though. Catch you later. Pete. thumbup.gif