#1 nor

nor

guru

• Top Posters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • My outfit: Bailey Rimini Mondeo tdci x

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:05 PM

do all the caravan club sites allow pup tents . while we were in cornwall last year my son and friend came with their pup tent and stayed for 3 nights .

i would like a site that they can come to if they want. would i need to phone and ask before booking or going i was thinking of maybe "pembrey", or "woodstock" near oxford or one of the sites in the cotswolds, "burford"
i know "broadway" doesnt .
i did ask when i was at blackmore. the site manager said i would have to ask whoever is there next year.
what is that supposed to mean. even though he was the manager at the time in blackmore if i wanted to know about next year i would have to ask the person that takes over.
surely if a site can take pup tents they do and if they dont they dont .

does this make sense so i thought i would ask if any of you might know .
thank you for any help.

#2 RogerL

RogerL

Free Spirit

• Top Posters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • My outfit: Hyundai Santa Fe + Lunar Clubman ES

• Expertise: Advanced Driving

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

Yes, pup tents within the caravan's pitch are permitted at almost all Caravan Club sites - there may be a couple of exceptions if the site is all tarmac/concrete. You'll need to check each site's details in the handbook or website.

Tents as a main source of accomodation are only permitted at a few CC sites, ie those where the ground lease requires them to and otherwise they're banned.
Roger
Hyundai Santa Fe + Lunar Clubman ES

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French, and it is all organised by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the cooks British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users