Photo
- - - - -

Caravan Worktop Sink Drainer And Insert

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 robsonalan

robsonalan

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:49 AM

I have an Adria Altea 542 DT and want to get a shaped worktop draining board and insert to go inside the sink to give a little extra work surface etc.

We went to the NEC yesterday an noticed that a few other make vans had the same sink and some came with worktop draining boards that just sat on the worktop and were the correct shape to fit around the sink. Some also had plastic inserts that went into the sink.

Does anyone have any ideas where these can be purchased from.

We did but a worktop draining from betterwear but it was much too big.

Any help greatly appreciated.

#2 JanB

JanB

recycled teenager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Normally caravan dealers carry spares of this sort, especially for the marque they sell.

#3 wizzo

wizzo

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (robsonalan @ Oct 18 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an Adria Altea 542 DT and want to get a shaped worktop draining board and insert to go inside the sink to give a little extra work surface etc.

We went to the NEC yesterday an noticed that a few other make vans had the same sink and some came with worktop draining boards that just sat on the worktop and were the correct shape to fit around the sink. Some also had plastic inserts that went into the sink.

Does anyone have any ideas where these can be purchased from.

We did but a worktop draining from betterwear but it was much too big.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I didn't realise they had changed. The 2009 has a hinged glass lid. Why when they increased the price for the 2010 do they reduce some of the spec? I have had a look around and can't get anyone who can help. If you have the make and model of the sink I will search further.

#4 robsonalan

robsonalan

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

There doesnt seem to be any info on the make of the sink as far as I can tell.

I have called the dealer that I got the van from and they are going to see what they can order for it. I called another Adria Dealer also and have been quoted £49.99 plus delivery for a Bowl, Drainer and Chopping Board.

I will let you know what dealer I got the van from comes back with.

I am away for the next week but will let you know as soon as I get back and find out myself.

It does seem daft to remove things for newer models, it may have been to keep the weight down. I beilieve the GRP pannels my be heavier than the older alluminum sides. It does have and extra roof light though.

#5 wizzo

wizzo

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

Alan,
I picked up my van today and they sorted me out with a drainer from a Bailey. As it didn't cost me I didn't push for the bowl and chopping board. It was mainly the drainer I was bothered about. You can but cheap bowls and boards anywhere. I have to say though the chopping board was cream and speckled just like the work tops. The drainer is plastic and is quit flimsey and mine is even warped(in fact all of them were like that). I woudn't have like to pay £50 for the set.

Here are some pics

Attached File  DSC_3413.JPG   224.1KB   63 downloads

Attached File  DSC_3415.JPG   182.07KB   55 downloads

Attached File  DSC_3416.JPG   192.11KB   44 downloads

#6 Kiaman

Kiaman

beyond redemption!

• Top Posters
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

Looking at the shape and size of the sink against the Bailey drainer I wouldn't be surprised if the basin and chopping board from a Series5 Bailey Senator might not fit as well. See if you can borrow one from a Bailey owner to try it for size!

Alan
Alan & Sylvia, recycled teenagers happily spending the kids inheritance!
Always happy to meet, sorry to part and happy to meet again!

Bailey S2 Unicorn Cadiz faithfully following our Kia Sorento CRDi XS Auto.

#7 wizzo

wizzo

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

Sorted warping problem. One night under our mattress it's now flat as a pancake. It does the job!

#8 robsonalan

robsonalan

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

Thats the sort of thing I am after, I think I will take a trip to the local Bailey dealers to see what they have.

Cheers

#9 robsonalan

robsonalan

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

I finaly got sorted, I was very supprised on local dealers not being able to get hold of these.

I finally went for the Drainer, Bowl and Chopping board set from Broadlane Leisue. It all fits perfectly, a little expensive but it fits.

#10 michpiggy

michpiggy

Northern Section

• Top Posters
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

Glad you got sorted out in the end

#11 wizzo

wizzo

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (robsonalan @ Nov 26 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finaly got sorted, I was very supprised on local deals not being able to get hold of these.

I finally went for the Drainer, Bowl and Chopping board set from Broadlane Leisue. It all fits perfectly, a little expensive but it fits.

How much is expensive? Which van did it come from? I am glad you have got it sorted!

#12 robsonalan

robsonalan

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (wizzo @ Nov 26 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (robsonalan @ Nov 26 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finaly got sorted, I was very supprised on local deals not being able to get hold of these.

How much is expensive? Which van did it come from? I am glad you have got it sorted!

I ended up paying the 49.99 for the Drainer, Chopping Board and Bowl, it is all very neat. The bowl goes in the sink (as it does) and then the chopping board fits in the sink and rests on the outer part of the sink. The Drainer looks the same as the one you have.

The Drainer is from a Bailey Senator, and the Bown and the Chopping board is from some specific manufacturer that Broadland use for them.

I know 49.99 is a lot for what it is but it looks like it will work well. I run the dealer that I got it from and they could get the Drainer and Chopping Board for £20 each but was unable to post it to me, which is why I got it from broadlane.