Photo

Le Camping De Saint Pierre, Near Rouen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 FM02MZO

FM02MZO

steady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

We are contemplating over nighting at www.lecampingdesaintpierre.com which is just south of Rouen and wondered if anyone had stayed there, if so what was your opinion of the site? especially access and the pitches etc
Regards
Terry Birch
Drives a Rexton SPR & tows a 2008 Buccaneer Caravel fitted BPW's IDC & Reich Mover Control Compact Twin 4WD

#2 justcards

justcards

steady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:19 AM

We have stayed here on twice, both times in the winter. It is okay but pitches can be very wet and soggy, toilet block is basic but adequate for an overnight stop, TGV trains pass the site as well as freight trains. Ignore the low bridge signs if coming from Pont L'Arche direction.
In my opinion the Camping Cheque site at Louviers is easier to find and just as convenient, more about it on my site.

AIR PIKEY

" the only way to travel "

Visit My Website

My e-mail

#3 Evans of Sprot

Evans of Sprot

Bearded Wonder

• Top Posters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

Looks very stately to me!
Posted Image Click for piccies

Doncaster sur Don

Beam me up Sprottie

Posted Image

#4 FM02MZO

FM02MZO

steady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (justcards @ Oct 13 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have stayed here on twice, both times in the winter. It is okay but pitches can be very wet and soggy, toilet block is basic but adequate for an overnight stop, TGV trains pass the site as well as freight trains. Ignore the low bridge signs if coming from Pont L'Arche direction.
In my opinion the Camping Cheque site at Louviers is easier to find and just as convenient, more about it on my site.

Can you please give us a clue or a link as to where the info about Camping Le Lebelair is on your web site, which I must say makes very interesting reading.
Regards
Terry Birch
Drives a Rexton SPR & tows a 2008 Buccaneer Caravel fitted BPW's IDC & Reich Mover Control Compact Twin 4WD

#5 jaymac

jaymac

guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

We've stayed at Le bel air a couple of times but prefer the municipal, L'eure et Seine (?) at Pont de l'Arche which is only a couple of minutes off the main road and saves schlepping through Louviers, up the hill and out the other side. According to the web site Bel air closes the 31st of October and the other one might be closed already so a lot will depend on when you're travelling.

http://www.camping-lebelair.fr/

http://welcome-in-po...ie-1165584.html

#6 justcards

justcards

steady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

Hi FMO2MZO,
The mention about Louviers is at the end of the web page www.gandm.eu/spain2009.aspx
I think that you will find that the municipal at Pont L'Arche is closed in the winter which is why we went to St. Pierre. If you take the route from Rouen to Pont L'Arche along the Seine there is another site on the right as you go down the hill towards a Super U supermarket. The access does not look very good but as we have never ventured up the road it may be okay.

AIR PIKEY

" the only way to travel "

Visit My Website

My e-mail

#7 FM02MZO

FM02MZO

steady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hi Jamac,
Re: Camping Municipal ’Eure et Seine’

According to the 2008 CC Caravan Europe 1 book, it refers to restricted width access to the site. Our van is just over 8 metres long, would that be a probem?

Regards
Terry Birch