#1 Delta Lady

Delta Lady

guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • My outfit: Lunar Lexon 640RS 2008 / Jaguar XJ8 4.0 V8

• Real first name: Christine
  • Expertise: Have done lots of sewing over the years..!!!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

Hi. We seem to be having problems with the pressure switch on our Lunar Lexon. George has tried everything to fine adjust it but to no avail...still chatters etc. We thought at first it was a problem with the pump..but no..just this pressure switch.

Has anyone a ny ideas at all. We have read in Practical Caravan Mag about a Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch that self adjusts to pump pressure etc. and stops that annoying chattering etc.

Can anyone give any advice.....and should be purchase one...Can't find anyone that had had one at all...and there isn't a website just a phone no. etc.

Failing that any advice anyone....before it drives us mad...!!!

Chris x Thanks !

#2 Metz

Metz

guru

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • My outfit: 2012 Sterling Eccles Sport 554 / 2012 Ford Kuga / Titainium / AWD / Powershift

• Real first name: George
  • Expertise: Trade

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

Hi Chris, I don't why but Lunars seem to suffer this problem more than most, mine had the problem when i owned one, unless there is a problem with the pressure switch, fitting a whale surge damper usually solves the problem, cost about £20 easy to fit, instruction in the packaging.
http://www.caravan-servicing.biz
webshots
Swift Group Approved Engineer

Skegness, Lincolnshire.

2007 Jeep Cherokee CRD Auto
2009 Abbey Vouge 2 620

#3 Del

Del

guru

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  • My outfit: Gone

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Delta Lady @ Oct 11 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. We seem to be having problems with the pressure switch on our Lunar Lexon. George has tried everything to fine adjust it but to no avail...still chatters etc. We thought at first it was a problem with the pump..but no..just this pressure switch.

Has anyone a ny ideas at all. We have read in Practical Caravan Mag about a Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch that self adjusts to pump pressure etc. and stops that annoying chattering etc.

Can anyone give any advice.....and should be purchase one...Can't find anyone that had had one at all...and there isn't a website just a phone no. etc.

Failing that any advice anyone....before it drives us mad...!!!

Chris x Thanks !

Initialy I had a bit of a problem with the presure switch on our Lexon, took me a bit of time to (semi) sort it out, just kept adjusting it as per istructions till I got the best setting. Now with the delta it has an inboard pump and a surge damper and never had a problem.
A caravan is for 12 months of the year, not just for summer.

Del

#4 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

rock solid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • My outfit: Citroen C8 2.2 HDi SX and Lunar LX2000 524

• Expertise: Swimming teacher and coach. Cycling instructor. Ex-Citroen mechanic. Bodgeing the family's caravans since 1978 and various cars since 1966.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Practical Caravan might mean the replacement water pressure switch from Mid Service Centre tel 0121 354 5552.

I had been troubled for a while with inconsistent performance from my conventional pressure switch and replaced it last year with the Mid Service Centre product. It worked for me; no more fiddling in the locker every couple of days, simplified pipework and more room in the locker; it's a fit and forget item and I'm delighted with mine thumbup.gif . It is sensitive to frost though so don't let it freeze.

Hawkeye
------------------------------

#5 Delta Lady

Delta Lady

guru

• Members
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

Hi than ks all for the comments!

Hawkeye...sent you a p.m. Thanks....

Chris..

#6 Millstone

Millstone

100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • My outfit: Mercedes-Benz A180 CDI Avenguard (the wife's) / Skoda Yeti CR170 4X4 Elegence + Lunar Clubman SB

• Real first name: Richard

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Hawkeye @ Oct 11 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Practical Caravan might mean the replacement water pressure switch from Mid Service Centre tel 0121 354 5552.

I had been troubled for a while with inconsistent performance from my conventional pressure switch and replaced it last year with the Mid Service Centre product. It worked for me; no more fiddling in the locker every couple of days, simplified pipework and more room in the locker; it's a fit and forget item and I'm delighted with mine thumbup.gif . It is sensitive to frost though so don't let it freeze.

Just to confirm Hawkeye's findings..

We have had one of these for about 2 years now - absolutely brilliant, does exactly what it says on the tin !!

They are made by a couple of blokes in their garage, who seem to be able to sell all they can make without a web site, but are very friendly people and extremely helpful - go for one !!!

#7 Delta Lady

Delta Lady

guru

• Members
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

Richard Hi...Thanks for replying and telling me that you have one and that all is o.k. with it...I am going to get one..just waiting in case it won't find us re the postal strike.!!! no.gif but my George just can't get the Lexon pressure switch to adjust right at all...and he is so fed up of twiddling all the time lol.gif anything to sort his life out lol.... lol.gif

Chris x Thanks again thumbup.gif

#8 Del

Del

guru

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  • My outfit: Gone

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Delta Lady @ Oct 28 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Richard Hi...Thanks for replying and telling me that you have one and that all is o.k. with it...I am going to get one..just waiting in case it won't find us re the postal strike.!!! no.gif but my George just can't get the Lexon pressure switch to adjust right at all...and he is so fed up of twiddling all the time lol.gif anything to sort his life out lol.... lol.gif

Thats what happens Chris when delta Lady gets a Lexon and Lexon Man gets a Delta wine.gif
A caravan is for 12 months of the year, not just for summer.

Del

#9 Jbeans

Jbeans

guru

• Top Posters
  • 4,044 posts
  • My outfit: Abbey Transtar /1.9cdti Vectra Estate

• Real first name: Jill

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (Del @ Oct 28 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Delta Lady @ Oct 28 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what happens Chris when delta Lady gets a Lexon and Lexon Man gets a Delta wine.gif

emdunno.gif

JILL

Jill

Be safe son.Posted Image

ONE LIFE. LIVE IT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users