Photo
- - - - -

How To Stop The Carpets From Moving?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Delta Lady

Delta Lady

guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

Hi all. These loose laid carpets are great but keep moving about...also we have placed Rug Runners on the top to keep the light coloured carpet peices clean. They keep moving as well ..the way of the pile underneath. It does drive one mad...last week I was forever pulling them straight...as they kept working their way up the cupboards.

Now I know there is a press stud way to keep the basic carpets down..(don't know where to get it done though)...but will that stuff that you place under carpets and mats to stop them moving work?

And what do you take with you to keep the carpets and floor clean. Sweeper...Hoover or other.....Suggestions please. We used to take a small Hoover but haven't got the locker space now for it...!!

Chris... thumbup.gif

#2 Northernlights

Northernlights

rock solid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

Hi

Mine does exactly the same - nightmare! I think studs are the only way to go, but didn't fancy them. We use a small hoover to keep them clean.

I reckon the only solution is to remove them altogether! yes.gif

Northernlights

Posted Image

#3 Jbeans

Jbeans

guru

• Top Posters
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

no.gif no.gif Lightcoloured carpets Chris, ours is light green no.gif no.gif and a nightmare to keep clean. I have rugs down from Lidl's and they are great. Chuck them in the washer when they get dirty!

LOL
JILL

Jill

Be safe son.Posted Image

ONE LIFE. LIVE IT!

#4 Smashy41

Smashy41

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

Place some rubber non slip matting underneath them :)

#5 shipbroker

shipbroker

lol

• Top Posters
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

................................six inch nails and a stiff handbrush!

geoff

#6 Delta Lady

Delta Lady

guru

• Members
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

geoff...Six inch nails and a stiff handbrush... lol.gif lol.gif like it..not sure we are talking about the same thing though...Sounds a great bit of torture though... lol.gif yes.gif

Chris.... thumbup.gif

#7 shipbroker

shipbroker

lol

• Top Posters
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

Whooooooooooooooops, should I have included the wet celery and the flying helmet...sorry!

geoff

#8 chatterdog

chatterdog

guru

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

Under the piece of carpet i have by the door in my unit i have put that rubber webbing stuff down ,the stuff they advertise for putting on your car dash to stop phones etc from sliding about. It certainly stops that piece of carpet moving as our dog jumps in and out of the van (bearing in mind that our door is higher from the ground than an english caravan). Before putting that down the dog wouldnt jump in the van as she had gone skiding accross the floor hitting the bathroom on more than a couple of occasions so we were having to lift her up but now she is fine about getting in under her own steam again.

#9 macbethandophelia

macbethandophelia

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

I have velcroed my caravan rugs in place. I used the velcro with one sticky side this I stuck to the caravan floor and the other side of the velcro is not sticky and this I stitched to the ends of the rugs. you only need a piece a couple of inches long at each end of each rug.

#10 SBS

SBS

rock solid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (macbethandophelia @ Aug 8 2008, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have velcroed my caravan rugs in place. I used the velcro with one sticky side this I stuck to the caravan floor and the other side of the velcro is not sticky and this I stitched to the ends of the rugs. you only need a piece a couple of inches long at each end of each rug.

Or, you could do what we did and get some offcuts of carpets and make some replacments using the originals as templates. If you make tham slightly larger they butt up to each other and the sides and so don't move. Originals now in the loft.

We lost a fairly new carpet in a flood a couple of years ago (plumbing problem) replaced under insurance. The non damaged bit of carpet has made two sets.

Mike

#11 Gill

Gill

Gill

• Top Posters
  • 12,801 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

Double sided tape in all four corners perhaps?????....mind would be a sod to clean off the floor if ever you changed your mind!! lol.gif or, check out the item pictured on this link .....

anti slip 'rug spray'

Gill thumbup.gif

#12 Surfer

Surfer

guru

• Top Posters
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

We have stuff that looks like thn carpeting but stops the carpet sliding on lino and also stops a carpet that is on top of another carpet from moving. Works a treat and we are getting some more tomorrow. I will try and get contact details for the shop if it is still there and let you know.
Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being me.

Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Ltd 3.0L auto
Lunar Delta TI

#13 John Douglas

John Douglas

guru

• Top Posters
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Delta Lady @ Aug 8 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what do you take with you to keep the carpets and floor clean. Sweeper...Hoover or other.....Suggestions please.

We keep one of these permanently in the van:-
http://direct.tesco....R.200-9374.aspx
It's small enough to sit in the bottom of a cupboard. It's got a powerful suction and it's not at all heavy. We find it much better than the previous rechargeable one.

#14 nor

nor

guru

• Top Posters
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

i use the cotton type rugs that can be thrown in the washing machine they are great and dont move they almost stick . i have one long one the came from dunelm but they havent had any since and its brilliant im always looking for another. otherwise i use rugs from ikea again very cheap and ideal . and then i have a posh rug near the area that we lounge in this does move a little though.
try one of the cotton ones from ikea if you dont like it you wont lose much they are very cheap.

#15 nor

nor

guru

• Top Posters
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (chatterdog @ Aug 8 2008, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Under the piece of carpet i have by the door in my unit i have put that rubber webbing stuff down ,the stuff they advertise for putting on your car dash to stop phones etc from sliding about. It certainly stops that piece of carpet moving as our dog jumps in and out of the van (bearing in mind that our door is higher from the ground than an english caravan). Before putting that down the dog wouldnt jump in the van as she had gone skiding accross the floor hitting the bathroom on more than a couple of occasions so we were having to lift her up but now she is fine about getting in under her own steam again.

this is sold in dunelm to go under carpets but i have a glass top on my stove and sink and i use pieces cut to the size it stops any thing hitting the glass hard like a protection it also look s nice like a lace mat.