Photo

Truma Ultraheat not working

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 secnsll

secnsll

snaking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

I have just purchased an Avondale Rialto 555 (2003) privately

I have a problem with the Truma Ultraheat Electric Blow air heating

The thermostat is refusing to turn on (green light), and it blows cold air only when on electric setting

stars.gif

I have called the Harringtons dealer and he said that I need to locate a fuse spare by following the wire from the back of the thermostat.

This goes behind the fire, but I cannot follow it all the way..... nor can I locate a fuse spare

Can you please advise

Thank you

lol.gif

Peter
Secnsll

#2 bellie

bellie

Illegitimus non carborundum

• Top Posters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

hello peter dont know if this will help but on ours there is a trip behind the fire theres a cowel where all the ducts for blown air comes from and on the side is a trip switch try that
if not pm gary he will tell you straight away

cheers

iain
A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.

Posted Image

bellie39@hotmail.co.uk

#3 secnsll

secnsll

snaking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

Thanx Iain .....

I know there is a reset button on the Carver fire.... but could not locate one for the Trumatic Fire no.gif

Please clarify if yours is same, and if so, can you describe precise location of button ??

Thanx
lol.gif

Peter

#4 Bigdrinks

Bigdrinks

Last Orders Please!

• 5,122 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:59 PM

This attachment has a few close up photos of the inner workings of the Truma.

It may or maynot help !

[attachmentid=4981]

#5 Spyder

Spyder

rock solid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE(Bigdrinks @ Feb 1 2006, 03:59 PM)
This attachment has a few close up photos of the inner workings of the Truma.

It may or maynot help !

You don't happen to have a shot from the front showing the gas heat exchanger in relation to the ultraheat do you?

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

#6 Bigdrinks

Bigdrinks

Last Orders Please!

• 5,122 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

Sorry Ron, no. I've only got these.

#7 Spyder

Spyder

rock solid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:59 AM

Thanks anyway, I've downloaded what you posted.

Cheers,
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

#8 GLENN

GLENN

Tour Bus driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:47 PM

Peter there is no reset button on a truma heater,if you have no green light on the controler it means you have no 12volt dc there, this 12volt supply comes from the heater pcb at the rear of the heater, the pcb gets it,s 240volt ac supply form a local switched spur which should be fitted with a 10 amp bs 1362 type fuse.Do you have mains power at the swich spur? if so a common fault is poorly soldered connections on a 240-12volt transformer on the pcb. If you can hear cilcking relays behind the fire when you switch between 500/1000/2000 then you have the common fault of high resistance relay contacts on the pcb. I have mended loads of these pcbs,

other faults are with the heat sensor and over temp sensor at the unit front or maybe just the small multipin connector has pulled out from the pcb or control switch.

post again if you are unsure I do know these heaters Glenn

#9 secnsll

secnsll

snaking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(GLENN @ Feb 2 2006, 06:47 PM)
Peter there is no reset button on a truma heater,if you have no green light on the controler it means you have no 12volt dc there, this 12volt supply comes from the heater pcb at the rear of the heater, the pcb gets it,s 240volt ac supply form a local switched spur which should be fitted with a 10 amp bs 1362 type fuse.Do you have mains power at the swich spur? if so a common fault is poorly soldered connections on a 240-12volt transformer  on the pcb. If you can hear cilcking relays behind the fire when you switch between 500/1000/2000 then you have the common fault of high resistance relay contacts on  the pcb. I have mended  loads of these pcbs, 

other faults are with the heat sensor and over temp sensor at the unit front or maybe just the small multipin connector has pulled out from the pcb or control switch.

post again if you are unsure I do know these heaters  Glenn

Hi Glenn

Many thanx for your advice thumbup.gif

I have checked the relevant fuses no 3 and no 10... they appear fine.

I am told that the main fuse for the heater is located within the control panel.... this switch illuminates & switch turned on

Have reached into back of fire best I can... cannot find any loose wires & multipin connectors do seem to be in place

Remote sensor jack is also in place......

The only thing perhaps worth mentioning in view of you talking about 12V supply is that my leisure battery was flat, and a replacement is in place & charging... this is "already in the yellow"

I'm now at a loss as to what else to do ???? stars.gif

Many thanx

Peter

#10 GLENN

GLENN

Tour Bus driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

Peter your 12volt from the lesiure battery only supplys the power to the fan, the other 12volt for the heating element control is from the pcb behind the heater.it sounds if you have a faulty pcb.can you get someone with electrical knowledge to remove the pcb for you and post it to me I will mend it for you.I have just done one for someone else on this forum. Glenn.

#11 secnsll

secnsll

snaking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:19 PM

Many thanx for the offer Glenn.....

not really got such a friend no.gif ( who would possibly have to disconnect gas as well ? ) whereabouts in country are you.... it may be we can sort some kind of meet .... as I can tour all over place thru year.....is that poss ?

Thanx

Peter

#12 GLENN

GLENN

Tour Bus driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:47 PM

Some others know on this forum that I am an electrical engineer by trade. But more or less every other weekend after April I am a Safty inspector (scrutineer) for Motor sport vehicles I can normally be found at a Drag Race venue called Shakespear county raceway which is near Stratford on avon.Maybe you fancy a weekend there? If so I could find time to look at your Caravan.Other than that you are going to have to take it to a dealer,being the second owner I take it there is no warrenty left Glenn

#13 secnsll

secnsll

snaking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:50 PM

Drag Racin eh....... in Shakespear County near Stratford on Avon.... Only 124.15 miles >>>>>>>>> drive1.gif

Will ask "The Boss" secret.gif 2 C if she fancies a weekend there....... I would be up for it ! beak.gif

Please let me have some date options to consider,,,,,, & Many Thanx for the Offer

Regards

Peter

#14 bellie

bellie

• Top Posters
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

bit expensive peter

Posted Image

bellie39@hotmail.co.uk

#15 bellie

bellie

• Top Posters
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:12 AM

sorry peter have pm ed you thumbup.gif

Posted Image

bellie39@hotmail.co.uk