Photo

Sites near Caen and Rouen Please

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 dally

dally

We're the richest club in the world. :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

Hi everyone, Where planning the summer sortie again and we're looking for an overnight site somewhere around Caen. We're doing Zeebrugge to Somewhere in South Brittany and I reckon Caen will be far enough for one day. Something small and handy to the motorway would be nice.

Equally, on the way back were doing South Brittany to somewhere on the Somme and I reckon Rouen will do nicely as a stop over.. Again somewhere handy for the motorway would be good.

We've got to pick four sites this year and we can't even make a decision on one never mind four blushing.gif so any help would be most welcome. thumbup.gif Thanks
Rather be DEAD than Red. CITY For Ever

#2 Scoop

Scoop

rock solid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(dally @ Jan 16 2006, 10:51 PM)
Hi everyone, Where planning the summer sortie again and we're looking for an overnight site somewhere around Caen. We're doing Zeebrugge to Somewhere in South Brittany and I reckon Caen will be far enough for one day. Something small and handy to the motorway would be nice.

Equally, on the way back were doing South Brittany to somewhere on the Somme and I reckon Rouen will do nicely as a stop over.. Again somewhere handy for the motorway would be good.

We've got to pick four sites this year and we can't even make a decision on one never mind four  blushing.gif  so any help would be most welcome. thumbup.gif Thanks

View Post

We stayed at a site called Chateu de Martragny two years ago which is about 30 miles from Caen. Halfway between Caen and Bayeux. I feel there might be something closer though. I'm also looking for sites nearer to Rouen and Gray has promised to send me an Autoroute file of Municipal sites - when that comes through I'l see what is available.

www.eeda.co.uk

The views expressed here are mine and not of the company I keep

#3 Evans of Sprot

Evans of Sprot

Bearded Wonder

• Top Posters
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:56 AM

I always go here:
Posted Image Click for piccies

Doncaster sur Don

Beam me up Sprottie

Posted Image

#4 mr december

mr december

"if there's more to life than drinkinq. - WHAT IS IT?

• Top Posters
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:46 PM

See my post re: Camping Le Bel Air. It's near Rouen
Semper In Faecibes Sole Profundum Variat Toujours dans la merde, seulement la profondeur varie.Sempre nella merda, soltanto la profondità varia.

#5 dolly

dolly

guru

• Rally Organiser
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:08 PM

We stayed at les hautes coutures which is right by the pegasus bridge at Benouville.
This was a lovely site but we did only stay the one night.
It is about 2km from Ouistreham on the road to Caen.

We used CCC vouchers and paid about 13 euros for the night.
Well impressed because the Bridge was so near and was a real surprise and a big bonus we hadnt expected.

Dolly xxx
Seeing is Believing - really !!

Bailey Senator Indiana series 5/6 and 7 (dont ask !!!)