Photo
- - - - -

EXCELLENT PRICES FOR TYRON BANDS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 T&C

T&C

100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:51 PM

cheering.gif I am a great fan of Tyron Bands as they saved me from a nasty accident after a blow-out on my previous caravan. I have them fittted both to my twin-axle van and my 4x4 tow car.

After contributing to another thread on Tryon band I was checking out the prices paid for replacement tyres and Tyron bands on my Avondale Landranger, twin axle van last year. I had the bands fitted to the van which was new to me when I had the tyres changed.

The prices I paid are REAL BARGAINS compared with what some folks have been quoted by caravan dealers. I thought that this information could help to save some of you a lot of money.

We had 5 bands (13 inch wheels) supplied and fitted - we did the spare wheel too, in April 2004.

The price was ?34.01 per band for each wheel, or ?170.38 FOR ALL FIVE. plus ?5.88 for the "customer care kit" (Basically an extra long Allen key which you give to a tyre fitter if he needs to remove the tyre to repair or replace) and ?17.63 for carriage on the 5 bands. (Excuse the odd prices they with VAT added)

The company Tyrecare of St Helens is a member of the Hi-Q network and so there is probably one of their members near you, wherever you are. Tyrecare give an excellen personal service and keep our 2 cars and caravan well tyred.

Regards and happy caravanning on Tyron Bands - I'm not on commission from Tyron or my tyre dealer by the way.

Regards

Tim

#2 Steve

Steve

guru

• Top Posters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

thumbup.gif Thanks Tim, something to bare in mind. cheering.gif

Steve
Reality is an illusion created by lack of alcohol.

This is what i do 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in all weathers.
Hoylake Lifeboat or download your virtual pager Here to find out when your local Lifeboat is Saving Lives at Sea.

#3 Wildkat

Wildkat

wobbly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:15 PM

I intend having Bands fitted at the next service, not just for the safety aspect but I have seen pictures of the damage a blow out can cause a van. I think I will price up the bands elsewhere before the service in March.
Yorkshire Men..............er............ Just Do it

It wasn't me I didn't do it Nobody saw me do it You can't prove a thing

Check out www.westgaterun.co.uk

#4 Lee B

Lee B

• Top Posters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:30 AM

We are due a new tyre change on the next service.
Think I too will look into having them fitted. thumbup.gif